The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nice Supra At Auction

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

Guest Flat4_ire
Does that mean it can then be imported from S. Ireland to the UK?

im not 100% sure about what u have to produce in the UK when re-registering the irish plates to english? but i know in ireland we have no model report like that and we can import and year of car here... cos it is a DAAAMN nice car!!

Guest Flat4_ire
I wouldn't have thought so. I reckon the problem would still be the same as importing from Japan as you still have to register it here - but stand to be corrected.

fuckit sure keep it on irish plates ;) i still have my supra on english plates here. dont wanna pay €1100 tax for a car i drive on a saturday!!! :D

fuckit sure keep it on irish plates ;) i still have my supra on english plates here. dont wanna pay €1100 tax for a car i drive on a saturday!!! :D

Mmm...I wonder if that is legal? I would have no problem keeping a car on Irish plates but am unsure as to what the insurance company would think.

Guest Flat4_ire
Mmm...I wonder if that is legal? I would have no problem keeping a car on Irish plates but am unsure as to what the insurance company would think.

well in ireland here, yeah we can insure english reg but obviously cant tax them etc etc, i cant remember the last time i had a proper 100% road legal car in some way shape or form! i know if i really wanted that supra i wudnt care :D

Guest Flat4_ire
I am hoping there is a difference when bringing a car in from europe as opposed from japan.

How come you can bring in a R34 skyline?

gonna bring in a LHD are ya?

it's post 1998 VVti, and there is no car description for it in this country... which is why you can't import them any more...

I 'think' will be his answer....? :)

what a stupid law?

I'm probably being stupid here but what do you mean no description? is it not possible to add a description (I can think of loads of ways to describe a Supra) Will this ever change at all do you think?

what a stupid law?

I'm probably being stupid here but what do you mean no description? is it not possible to add a description (I can think of loads of ways to describe a Supra) Will this ever change at all do you think?

By description read "model report" which is needed to get the car through the SVA. Apparently, the cost to produce the model report is in the 000's

The draw back is that if you want to register the car in Ireland, it is not free, we have a fairly hefty VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax) which is calculated at 30% of the estimated market value of the car (usually the trade price)

Have a look at https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showCarCalculator

Fill in the details and you're looking at a couple of thousand Euro in VRT which may negate any saving you may think you are making.