The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cat and fiddle run 2 - 14th of may

mr2_turbo

(insert deep movie trailer type voice)

ITS BACK........

THE ONE YOUVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.........

THE MOST TALKED ABOUT EVENT OF THE YEAR........

THE CAT AND FIDDLE RUN 2 :ON THE ROAD TO SOMEWHERE

http://media.putfile.com/trailer-cat-n-fiddle

thats right folks the next run is now set and will take place on the 14th of may 2006.

i have made a few changes this time round and will try and cover everything in this post but if you have any questions/suggestions im all ears.

first off the meeting point has changed. we are still meeting at the same time 11am with a slighty later depart of 11:45am but have decided to move the meeting place for a few reasons.

1: tescos was very busy even at 11am on a sunday morning.

2: i wanted somewhere that would be more central to people and was away from heavy traffic whilst still being easy to find and get too.

3: i want to leave the cat and fiddle itself till the end. at the end of the day the traffic is much less and makes for a better run and a fantastic end to the day.

so we are now meeting at a pub called THE WATERLOO which is next to the a6 (the main road in between buxton and bakewell) and is the only building around. the car park is also huge so will easily accomadate us.

i have also made some slight alterations to the route, which are as follows.

we will now being doing 3 legs instead of the 2 previously to try and allow more stop offs for people with week bladders and so we can interact with each other more.

LEG 1

when we are all at the pub we will be organising a nice group photo, also i now have a dedicated camera man/car, lee aka spittinflames. me lee and a select few (will be picking out one of each car on the day for some variety) will be going down the dual carriageway towards bakewell to do footage then coming back up to officially start the run.

it will be the same route as last time but missing out chatworth as its full of tourists and bottle necks at the juction at the end of the road. we will be sampling the fast sweepers of carsington water and heading to THE RAILWAY again.

LEG 2

from the railway we will be heading over to the A38. this will allow for more good footage and let people have a brake from all the twisties. we are only going up one junction to alfreton then heading back over towards matlock but missing it out as matlock bath is a nightmare to drive through. instead i have found a nice through road which will avoid the a6 all together and put us back in worksworth to pick up the route as last time over to macclesfield. we will be stopping off at a pub called THE FLOWER POT which had a large car park so should all sqeeze in and will allow us to have a breather and a drink before the grand finale.

LEG 3

the final leg will probably be the highlight of the day for many as we will be heading over the cat and fiddle and going down the route as before and stopping off at the waterloo before going home.

when i did the cat and fiddle yesterday it was very quiet with what little traffic there was very easily overtaken and really finished my day off.

a few tips id like to mention aswell are below:

1: las time a few of us had 2 way walkies talkies from maplins and were really good. not only did they provide great banter but also enabled us to keep together on the way home.

2: the railway serves food but i cant gaurauntee you will get served as there will be alot of us so bring some sandwiches.

3: we will be running in a order of convoy this time with people who wish to drive quickly at the front and people who want to go at a more leisurly pace towards the rear. i will be leading as im the only one that knows the full route and dont hang about so if your not comfortable driving fast stay towards the back of the convoy.

4: i will be doing directions again like last time with detailed directions for people with passengers and quick notes for the drivers to glance at. i strongly recommend you use them as people were getting lost last time. make sure you use them from the beginning and if your driving just quickly check what the next turn off will be so you are prepared. if your planning on following the guy infront you will get lost as dont forget im the only one who knows the full route and we will get split up as there was 27 cars in the convoy last time.

this meet will be posted on

http://www.imoc.co.uk

http://www.pistonheads.com

http://www.mazdarotaryclub.com

http://www.mkivsupra.net

http://www.octaneboost.co.uk

http://www.gtr.co.uk

if anyone has any other forums they recommend me posting it up on let me know.

if your coming add yourself to the list.

CAT AND FIDDLE RUN 2

Hicks - mr2 turbo

• 2 weeks later...

come on guys and girls slap your name on the list

CAT AND FIDDLE RUN 2

Hicks - mr2 turbo

Goldy - mr2 MK2 Na

Spittinflames - mr2 turbo (camera car)

Rob Brookes - mr2 MK2 Na

probedb - mazda rx7

Ianclements - mk1 mr2

B1tch - either in my n/a or red turbo 2

Blue2(Dan)-mr2 MK2 Na

bradda_gibbo-mr2 turbo (maybe)

Gatso - Focus rs

mr2guy - mr2 MK2 na

alex o - mr2 turbo

Aitch - Nissan 200SX

ben.g - rev3 tubby

andy w - subaru impreza

henry - subaru impreza

oli - evo 7 (500+ bhp)

rob - supra tt

sean - r33 gtr

19 cars

havent got a problem with that dude. nice pictures by the way.

i presume your coming then :)

slap your name on the list.

if you want you could stick camera car in your windows so people know. looking to get alot of good pics and footage this time round.

went out for a drive yesterday and got some test footage.

the first part is the section which links the a38 with cromford cutting out matlock and matlock bath. the last section is a really nice bit of road which we will be doing in the first leg in the opposite direction. i had a really clear run as you can see although it doesnt look like im going that fast.

ill make the videos on the actual run better quality and get rid of the vibration from my telescopic lense aswell.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6891786831119022365

updated list with 2 removed :(

Hicks - mr2 turbo

Goldy - mr2 MK2 Na

Rob Brookes - mr2 MK2 Na

Ianclements - mk1 mr2

Gatso - Focus rs

mr2guy - mr2 MK2 na

alex o - mr2 turbo

Aitch - Nissan 200SX

ben.g - rev3 tubby

andy w - subaru impreza

henry - subaru impreza

oli - evo 7 (500+ bhp)

rob - supra tt

sean - r33 gtr

quigonjay - rev3 tubby

18 cars

come on chaps you know you want to

just a reminder that this event is this sunday so less than a week to go.

if your interested there are three convoys meeting up and driving down on the day.

1.chesterfield

2.stoke

3.near manchester

if anyone wants more info on these let me know.

Hicks - mr2 turbo

Goldy - mr2 MK2 Na

Rob Brookes - mr2 MK2 Na

Ianclements - mk1 mr2

mr2guy - mr2 MK2 na

alex o - mr2 turbo

Aitch - Nissan 200SX

ben.g - rev3 tubby

andy w - subaru impreza