The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someone just hit my car

Guest Ponty Boy

Guest Ponty Boy

Hello, some 17 year old corsa driver has just gone into the side of my car. From the damage I can see,looking at new front wing and new standard alloy, plus paintwork to bumper etc. Out of interest, does anyone know how much these are new from Toyota and whether they still can get them.

Toyota can still get them but I suspect they will be expensive - probably best to find a friendly repairer and get the money for a new one but buy a set of used and get them refurbed. Someone on here can probably supply a wing too.

Make sure you check for damage to the steering, suspension etc.

What happened exactly?

Guest Ponty Boy

Wasn't calm at the time but calmed down a bit now:)

The idiot tried to pull in front of me at a roundabout as it forked off in two ways. Took phots and got wits as well and he accepted fault.

Not letting insurance sort it as they will push me to one of their own crappy garages, whereas rather have proper parts on it. Prob get an estimate from Toyota and then get a good local garage to do work.

There seem to be a knock from Front of suspension so will be interesting to see what damage they have done under there. Also think one ofthe shocks is shot as its squeaking like hell:)

Will put some photos later.

Guest Ponty Boy

Well just spoke to Toyota. Bumper is £620, Wing is £126 and wheel is £280. Had an engineer who is a friend look at it and he says £2400 plus possible suspension damage which he thinks there is. Car does not drive straight and there is a squeaking and knocking noise which might mean steering rack!

Sorry to hear this.

You do have the right to chosse your own repair company, just give the insurer 3 quotes to compare and then tell them you which one you want to use, as long as their quotes are realistic they can't refuse.

Don't forget the cost of a hire car as well, that can be quite high !

Guest Ponty Boy

Well should see soon, engineer coming out in next couple of days. Also they have offered me a vectra as a hire car. What do you guys think, take this? What have you people been offered when you've been given one? Any companies people can recomend?

PM me your number, i will give you a call in the morning and put you in touch with a company that will give you a like for like vehicle tommorrow! Will prob be a new slk or something but its better than a smart.

You dont even have to do the 3 quote thing. Just take your car to the garage you want!

Wasn't calm at the time but calmed down a bit now:)

The idiot tried to pull in front of me at a roundabout as it forked off in two ways. Took phots and got wits as well and he accepted fault.

Not letting insurance sort it as they will push me to one of their own crappy garages, whereas rather have proper parts on it. Prob get an estimate from Toyota and then get a good local garage to do work.

There seem to be a knock from Front of suspension so will be interesting to see what damage they have done under there. Also think one ofthe shocks is shot as its squeaking like hell:)

Will put some photos later.

You can speak to your insurance mate & put it into a garage of you request & you do not have to use garages that they say hope all goes well & back on road soon m8