The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newby just saying hello

Guest absolutuk

Guest absolutuk

hi all im phil i just joined the site as im on the look out for a supra very soon i currently have a mr2 and im living in the north-east sunderland area and im not sure if i can afford the running of a turbo so i will have to get a N/A :(

but i suppose its a start :) im also a member of http://www.japnortheast.co.uk and http://www.japtuner.co.uk these are clubs that have regular meets every month and are a great turnout

Welcome.

What costs are you thinking about? Because there are some misconseptions. Insurance being the biggest as generally the NA and TT imports can be had with roughly the same insurance costs - only the UK version will be cheaper (noticeably). Fuel cost ratio for TT/NA increases with weight of right foot! :D if you drive like a granny then the TT may well give better fuel consumption than the NA!!! The most real-life difference in cost is the repair bills you're likely to see, servicing etc. But if you're buying a Supra you need to be ready to pay a few big bills either way at some point!!

Guest absolutuk

thanks for the welcome and advice on the cost side of it i will look further into that im just scared of getting a turbo as theres a shit load of mods that can be added but im pretty sure the g/f will keep me in line i also need to sell my mr2 first :(

Be aware that if you do go for a NA there aren't a great of things you can do to increase the power much. Well, not without spending thousands.

If you're happy with the somewhat limited power of a NA, and won't be longing for more after buying one, they are a great choice of car.

It's pretty much the same engine as the TT but obviously much less stressed (although the TT engine isn't really stressed as such, it can take 500+bhp on stock internals)

Be aware that if you do go for a NA there aren't a great of things you can do to increase the power much. Well, not without spending thousands.

If you're happy with the somewhat limited power of a NA, and won't be longing for more after buying one, they are a great choice of car.

It's pretty much the same engine as the TT but obviously much less stressed (although the TT engine isn't really stressed as such, it can take 500+bhp on stock internals)

Go Jake, insulting NA's again......

Welcome mate.....will have a look for you at the Japtuner meet in a couple of weeks time, I will be there but car less, getting a lift off of Carterjohn.