The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going Supra shopping

Mike M

http://www.mackaytrading.com/fullvehicledetails.asp?region=&order=&Model=&Make=&notMake=&notModel=&BodyType=9&FuelType=&Transmission=&intMin=&intMax=35000&RSpage=2&ID=59362&popup=

Thinking about going to see this 2moro, His cars are usually very clean but abit pricey. I'm tyre kickin really but if the deals right then what the hell. The need for a manual turbo is getting bigger, it's taking control over me, can't resist it :)

i know mckay trading as come from edinburgh myself and they are rip off merchants but are sound and know how to offer customer service but very very pricey

go and tyre kick mate and then try jurgen on here and tell him what your looking for and price and 100% you will get the best car for your money as he is very picky, always warns us of cars to stay clear of if it comes to the uk

Nightmare to clean tho. It is difficult to choose wheels, i've looked at pages and pages of alloys and got nowhere.

stick to standard 17" i had 19" on mine and it handled terrible

as chris wilson on here who is a handling expert and comes highly regarded said and i quote "toyota did not spend millions on handling for people to stick 18's or 19's on there supra" well maybe not word for word but 17" offer the best handling

Don't expect a test drive at Mackays without him asking to see a big wad of cash!

Yeah i've met the owner before, social skills slightly lacking too.

stick to standard 17" i had 19" on mine and it handled terrible

as chris wilson on here who is a handling expert and comes highly regarded said and i quote "toyota did not spend millions on handling for people to stick 18's or 19's on there supra" well maybe not word for word but 17" offer the best handling

I do like the original sup wheels, mostly the reason why i havent bothered with my NA.and i agree the stock setup should always be the best. Depends really what your after, show car or daily driver. I'm after one it can be used daily if needed but gets a rest every now and again when i'm using the Vdub.

Its a little pricey for a new (i.e unknown) import. You're far better off looking at one thats already imported and has a little UK history attached (plus most likely any 'issues' will already be fixed.

Expensive! I should say so...

Barely worth half as much considering current auto trader site offers1

You can get a low milage TT 6spd for £6-7k? Apart from some CatC's I've never seen a 6 spd at this sort of price.

Mileage is hard to verify (as with most imports. This one doesn't even claim FSH, so there will be no pretence of Jap paperwork)

No leather

Big brakes? need to check

Even so, the price is *so* far off what I'd pay for it, that even a test drive would be a waste of time.

Mileage is hard to verify (as with most imports. This one doesn't even claim FSH, so there will be no pretence of Jap paperwork)

No leather

Big brakes? need to check

Even so, the price is *so* far off what I'd pay for it, that even a test drive would be a waste of time.

Ok, what do people think this is really worth assuming that it is in good to mint condition. I reckon about 10k - 11k. I'm heading down tomorrow to have a look anyway they're closed today with easter hols.