The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Baby seats

Snooze

Well, with the little one due in less than 3 months, :dummy: it's time to start getting all the necessary together. First on the list is a baby seat.

Did a quick search and found a couple of threads, but these only seemed to mention forward-facing seats. Instead, I'm needing a rear-facing infant seat, and was wondering if anybody had tried fitting one in the back of a soop. If so, what make should I look out for?

Cheers for any help! :hi:

ben.

Well we found the one we got was great. The base unit is very handy meaning you can leave the base in the car and put the child in the seat. It has a curved base and can be used as a rocker. Our little beauty lived in that seat for over 4 months

I'll get the model name etc in the mornin for ya

Oh yeah the baby seat fits in the pram as well so when she outgrows the seat she goes straight into the pram.

:bump:

Just tried a friend's Britax rear-facing infant seat in the soop and no chance. It wasn't secure in the back and the belt isn't long enough to put it in the front.

Anyone with any make/model recommendations?

Brain? Did you find out what yours was?

• 1 month later...
Guest grommachine

Did anyone find one to fit? im trying to decide on getting a supra or a skyline. all have a baby along in about 3 months, but i know there is a problem with finding seats to fit the back.

how have people managed with prams and the likes in the back of the sup?

any help would be apreacated.

dont bother with any of that your on rocky ground here mate, before you know it there'll be another on the way and then you'll get " your car isn't big enough" and you'll be forced to sell, buy her a Yaris and tell her your car isnt suitable for rug rats, under intense pressure i've managed to hold on to the supe for the last 5 years with 2 little "darlings"

Finally got mine this weekend.

The seat I've got is part of the "Urban Detour Xtreme" travel system from Mothercare ( http://www.mothercare.com/invt/lx1308&bklist= ) - it's an infant seat, so it's only really suitable up to about 9 months old.

You have to use the alternative seatbelt routing and actually wedge it in place with the passenger seat back, but it's as secure as I've seen a baby seat in any car and they were happy with it when they checked the install.

Now I'm very happy with the seat. The problem is with all the other stuff!

The pushchair completely fills the boot (you have to remove the wheels, although they're quick release, so it's not a major problem) and the carry cot has to go behind the driver seat so there's virtually zero space left for all the other stuff that will need to be transported (changing stuff, feeding stuff, etc.) - and if we're going away, when we've got to get our stuff in too, well - it just isn't going to happen, I'm afraid :(

Guest grommachine

thanks for that info, its what i needed some one in the same situation. unfortunatly looks like no supra for the time being then. unfortuantly the Skyline i want is a bit more than a TT supra. so have to save a bit first.

Thanks

grom