The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Plate

NeoFuture

Yeah it looks better IMO too.

I haven't had one for over 2 years but eventually got pulled for the first time only a few days ago. He said "before you say anything I'm from around here" basically saying don't bullshit cause he knows I don't bother with one.

Cost me £30 that was it. Oh and I was told to change my rear plate as it has a rising sun on it and that is also illegal. It must have GB or Euro nothing else. Tosser.

In the last 18 months I've been pulled twice for it, both times just a warning. With the do-luck front there's no where to put a standard plate without blocking the IC...

Thing is, if I put an undersize plate on I risk a £30 fine and 3 points, with no plate, they can still fine you, but cannot give points :)

One of the PC's advised me to just put the plate in the windscreen, he said most coppers wouldn't pull you over for that alone.

I did that when going through towns but now that I've been busted I'm not taking the chance. He told me to take my tint of my door windows which I'm not going to do and change my rear plate which I'm not going to do either. Chances are that if the same copper see's me with a front plate he won't bother about things like the rising sun on my rear plate.

Homer I have a do-luck also. I'll post pics up of where I put my plate. Doesn't look bad IMO. Its also removable :D

I ran about with a small m/c front plate for 3 years, then last year they started pulling me evey time I went on the road, now I have the smallest allowed for an import. They tried to say it was illegal but eventually got me to re-postion it because the law states it has to be vertical - hohum

the thing is with a lot of these coppers is that once they've pulled you for an infringement everytime they see you on the road subsequently they'll be looking fot the same things again. The Supra is a car that doesn't exactly blend in with the usual trafic so it makes it easier for them to catch you.

I've been pulled over twice now for front number plate infringements. :-(

Got a warning and a rectification notice on the first time, got a £30 fine 2nd time (even when I put my original plate back on infront of him).

Even the sticker plates are illegal according to the DVLA website.