The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dashboard

GavinL

Yes, that's exactly what I did with Justin's car.

Note: you cannot "fill" the holes in the sense of just bunging the hole up with plastic filler. The filler will simply crack along the edge of the original cutout and show through the paint.

What you need to do is plastic-weld a piece in the hole and feather it in using plastic filler as required.

Yours,

J

Guest Martin F

Plastic Weld ???

Ash that's a new one on me.

Could come in useful. Is it something you can do with some scrap plastic and a soldering iron ??

Intrigued.

Martin

Yes, it's a kind of soldering iron, but the temperature has to be matched to the material in question. And so too does the filler rod and/or the plastic you are using to do the infill.

I used a scrap dash panel for the infill material and cut strips to make bits of filler rod. Works a treat.

Then you blend the whole thing using filler that is designed for use with plastic.

Yours,

J

LOL

Oh man, that was funny. It's been a long HOT day and I needed a good chuckle to cheer me up, thank you.

Yours,

J

You've had a long hot day?

It took me just 1h 15m to get to Regents Park from home and then a further 1h to get the remaining 1 mile into "The City" this a.m..

Coming back it took me 1h 15m to get the 1 mile from "The Shitty" to Euston and just when I was thinking "right, now just another 15 minutes and I'm on the M40", it took me another 2 h to get home.

Boy did I pee off those people playing at military convoys in the outside lane with a clear centre and inside lane. One Volvo driver (S60) tried to ram me from behind but he couldn't catch me.

I don't normally do things like that but it had been long, hot and tedious and they were doing a 10 car nose-tail convoy at 72 MPH up the hill towards OxF*rd

BTW, why do people driving MPVs, in the opposite direction on 'A' roads, flash you when you've 2nd gear'ed passed the slow vehicle in front by a good margin and been back against the curb for some 300 meters? I always give them a BIG smile :biggrin:, wave and pretend I think they know me.

Whoops.....

I've got an important business lunch I have to attend at the IoD tomorrow. It's one of the few times I will *ever* go into town. Other times are when I take my wife to a show and we stay the weekend at Claridges, which is one of our most favourite hotels.

But after a couple of days we've both had it with the big city I'm afraid. Guess we've both been suburbanites too long!

Best wishes,

J