The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Steering Wheel done at last!!!

mattanna

Finally the wheel is on, took it to a mechanic who had a puller and even with that we had to use extended bolts, it came off with a heavy clunk, he said i would never have pulled it off, thought it had had thread lock on it.New wheel is nice but boss leaves slight gap underneath and is a bit noisy when turning as it is plastic on plastic, i suppose this will wear down i have put some silicone sealant on it, thanks for all those who helped with my previous threads here are some pics, wheel is Momo millenium 320mm

Matt

15042006(002).jpg

15042006(003).jpg

• 2 months later...
No only problem is boss is a bit squeaky as the outer is thinish plastic, steering feels slightly heavier as it is a smaller wheel, but could not bear looking at my old tatty wheel

Matt

Matt - I am still in two minds about 350mm or 320mm......

With the 320mm, does it cover the dash dials??

Honestly mate i drove with both on, and i found the smaller wheel did cover some dials, and it made the steering heavy.Ask Chris Wilson on here he thinks small steering wheels are bad on supras and he knows what he is on about.The momo wheels etc are so nice compared to the standard wheel that they feel much better, and the 350mm millenium feels great.For instance i went round a tight corner with the 320 on and as car straightened up the wheel spun too quick out of my hands as the weight of the steering was more. It is not the end of the world but i would recommend the 350mm.Most people on here only drive the cars for 1 day a week, i drive mine every day and once the 350 was fitted i was happy, could not stand the 320mm, also harder to rst your arm on the door and hold the wheel as it is like holding a polo mint!!

lol - like u, i drive mine everday.

I know what wheel i am getting, just deciding on the size

btw: regarding the boss, should I just get a boss from the net (for a non airbag car) - or is the supra boss a special version.

You need to get a special one, the one's that say they fit on the net will not because of the horn block.Best to contact Paul Whiffin at whiffbitz on here he keeps thenm in stock.Non cruise control one is £80 delivered but worth it.If you get any probs let me know, mine was a fucker to get off.

Matt