The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bits for Supra

steb9780

I am going to look into buying a Supra over the next few months and will be breaking my current car.

I have a few bits on it that should be alright to put onto the Supra, what do you think.

I have an Apex'i dual funnel air filter,

Sard BOV

and somebody has offered me an exchange on an Apex'i AVC-R for my turbosmart E-boost controller (I don't know what people tend to use on Supra's for boost control)????

What do people think worth keeping hold of???

the main issues with using an aftermarket filter are:

- poor filtration

- heat from the engine bay

the Apexi filter seems to have a reputation for being good at filtration according to some tests done against other filters by MKIV.com and you can get heat shields that apparently reduce the amount of hot air getting to the filter

an issue i've heard of going the other way though is that aftermarket/hard pipe intercooler kits have been known to get in the way of the stock airbox and therefore require either the stock airbox to be modified or an after market filter to be fitted

i loved the sound with the Apexi on, it was like an aircraft taking off sometimes but ended up putting it back to stock when i realised the heat issue. but i keep referring back to this post from mr wilson when i think of putting it back on http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=26369

a decent heatshield would probably persuade me to go back to it for a bit though!