The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single bolt wheel hubs

Guest a71ak

Guest a71ak

Can some one tell me if you know who is making single bolt wheel hubs or single bolt wheel adapters for racing MKIV Supras.

Cheers

Ali

• 2 years later...
Blimey, you've got good ears to pick up the echoes of 2.5 years ago.

It would be a very cool thing to do, though.

What a tit I feel! Was searching for steering wheel hub info and looking at new posts at the same time. Guess who got their firefox windows confused!

As an attempt to redeem myself Ill point out that whilst light, magnesium wheels are easily misshapen, or at least is the case with magnesium motorbike racing wheels. Pretty unrecommended to run them on the road in Ducati circles...

The offset could probably be corrected in the hub flange. Finding rims would require a bit of searching. If you are serious I'll keep an eye on the race spares forums for you. Somewhere like Image Wheels could make new custom rims with centre lock fixing and give you a choice of centre styles.

I am very serious, id rather buy secondhand wheels as new they would be fortunes, i know its not advised for the best handling but id like an aggressive offset, pushing the wheels as near the arch as possible.

One of the Specfab Supras came up for sale, in poor shape, a few years back, anyone know if any are still around? If memory serves me well, one of the team principals that ran a group A Supra got done on a drugs bust. Can't recall his name now, but it was a serious bust involving a vast amount of money.

There were 11 Group A cars built by Toms/TRD. 1 was crushed due to import/export legislation, 1 is with Adrian Smith in Austrialia which he got to keep after putting it through its paces on the Ausy TC for a few years. He still drives it reguarily. 1 is in the uk with a private owner. 2 back in japan at the toyoya museum.

There a 3 group A engines and 2 hewland 5 speeds in the uk aswell. the rest are beleived to have been chopped.

The TRD/TOMS cars were built for the JTTC and Ausy TC championships, though they did enter the SPA 24 on 3 occasions with a fatal accident in 90 (all toms/trd cars were withdrawn)

Specfab did the chassis work for the privateer MIL/Benami/RAS motorsport Group A cars used in the BTTC and ETTC. These cars had no input from TRD/Toms. The suspension was all magnesuim based, and my freind owns the blueprints for this. The one for sale a few years ago is under negotiation with a freind of mine chris. Its one of the Benami Cars. All the MIL cars are no longer in existance.

2 Ras motorsports cars are in switzerland. One came up for sale recently, and i left the bidding at 20K euro, think it went for near 40K

The car driven in the Historics at the moment is neither and ex Group A or BTTC car. It a LHD that was imported from the US, so unfortunately no historic racing value.

Heres a Benami built Group A (N/A but 460hp)

http://www.supra-garage.de/bilder/Bemani-Cockpit.jpg

http://www.supra-garage.de/bilder/Bemani-Kofferraum.jpg

http://www.supra-garage.de/bilder/Bemani-Motor.jpg

http://www.supra-garage.de/bilder/Bemani-Brems2.jpg

M

Edited by bondango (see edit history)