The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just saying hello to you all :)

Pabs

Hey all

Just saying hello really. Joined up here today for what will hopefully be very useful in the days/months/years to come, and I'll try to explain why...

I currently drive a SEAT Leon Cupra, and absolutely love it to bits. Its fantastic for driving/comfort etc etc. Its been modified in many areas (my website http://www.leoncupra.co.uk will show you everything) I'm a member of many SEAT forums/clubs etc.

However, I'm already planning my future. I've ALWAYS had a soft spot for the Toyota Supra, especially the mkiv's and I've seen some images/pictures of what "could" be the new supra...?...?

Anyway, I would be buying a supra sooner (as a second car/weekend car/project car) if it wasnt for living arrangements - I currently live in a flat with my girlfriend and theres only on road parking, and thats very limited.

I like to put work into my cars. I like to research what I'm getting into, and know my stuff. Being a total Supra newbie, this sites going to help me with my questions ;) It may be a year or so before I get one, probably more. But I WILL get one :D

Anyway, I'm sure you are bored of my ramblings. Keep up the good work with the forum, and no doubt I'll be asking questions soon!

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the welcome all :)

I am indeed familiar with the search button, and really hate seeing the same questions asked over and over again on the SEAT forums, so I'll be trying my best to use it at all times before asking/posting :)

My SEAT has cost me a lot of money and I've only had it about 18months. But I plan to keep it for a lot longer, but to stop spending money on it and saving that money for a really nice Supra ;)

I'm not sure what route I'll take yet, but I've been keeping my eye on Bonsai cars and the imports as I live very close to the Southampton port that they use, so would be ideal.

Can't wait to be able to buy one - admittedly being nearly 24yrs old with 6yrs no claims bonus - by the time I can afford one I should have a decent price on insurance too :)

Probably opting for SKY insurance on my Leon as they have good prices all round!

yeh, my cupra 180 has been remapped to approx 230bhp.... Not a big one for "pub figures" as at the end of the day it totally depends on the RR, weather, operators etc etc.

But my printout says 232bhp, so its what I'll go by for reference now - until i find out otherwise.. :)

I'd want an absolutely pukka supra - It would be a project car for me to work on and get it down to shows etc etc. I'm already used to spending £150+ on cleaning kit for my leon :S and I'd just love to get a really fine example, and keep it that way. So I'm willing to research, and wait :D

ok thanks for that. To be honest I don't know if I'd get a car that has been modified already - and continue to work on it, or to get a totally standard one and go from there.

We'll see eh? Depends whats around when I come to buy :)