The mkiv Supra Owners Club

insurance problem

theo sz 3.0

in england its easy to get insured.im only 20 an im driving a supra but i had to use trade insurance.they wanted 8000euro for the insurance for the scooby thats half the price of the car

Ask tony (flat4_ire) just sold his 99 sti type r before xmas, he is only 22 now, ask him what he did ! btw trade insurance is 3k not 8k, covers anything upto 3.0L as far as I can remember !

Guest jamesR
my mate is looking to buy a 2000 subaru impreza sti type r.is there any loop holes with the insurance to put it down as a 2ltr on the log book

I have a subaru at the minute. I pay 725 fully comp and im 23 i also hav 3 pointsand a 56 ban for speeding. Im with tesco insurance if that helps but adrian flux quoted me the cheapest for a supra.

Guest Flat4_ire
Get his dad to do garage insurance with him as a named driver !

boom! :D get trade insurance, its the only way baby.. can drive anything for 2k ;)

Guest Flat4_ire
flat4 what age did you get your trade insurance?are ye with o reilly cullen?and do you work for a garege are is it your on policy?

ARB, i got it last year at 21, 2000euros for me and 500euros for the father, its a gift cos i havent got to be calling around for quotes for any car, just pop my laminated disc into whatever im driving, 1.4 diesel opel corsa or 4.6 litre mustang, its all good baby :D told the insurance company i was importing cars and i needed the policy to drive em etc etc, which is true.

Guest Flat4_ire
did they say you have to be 21?for the trade insurance?

no, my friend has had it with his dad since he is 18..if u are 20 and looking for trade policy on your own name man it will cost upwards of €5000 if you are lucky!!

Guest Flat4_ire
im with oreilly cullen at the mo.can you give me the number to arb insurance.does your mates da own a garege?is that how he got it?

no he hasnt got a garage either but he is in the trade, il root out that number for ya, tink u have to go through broker tho man like we are

Guest Flat4_ire
nice one just pm the number to me.im paying 4grand at the mo for trade insurance.i just want to c wat they say.i take it you have a full liecense

yeah ive a full license 4.5 years now man