The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Camras Love Me!!

Guest jamesR

Guest jamesR

Just been done again for speeding, B*^$TARD$!!!!34 IN A 30 Only thing is i have been put on a Speed Awareness Scheme???? Wat the hell is that???

Can any of you other speedy drives tell us more about this?

Ah yes the speed awareness scheme. I'm assuming you only have to pay the £60 fine and your attendence will cancel the three points? Or at least it was when I went a few years ago now!!

If it is the same thing, then expect lots of tea and biscuits. Plus various group tasks, questions and challenges set to educate you that speed cameras are not traps but there for safety. Expect to hear lots of statistics and be sure to read up on your high way code.

You will also be told why you have been selected for the scheme

34 in a 30 :hang: him :D

In all seriousness a friend went on one and it was a slide show showing what happens when it goes wrong then he went out for a drive with someone and was shown better techniques for awareness etc.

A good alternative to 3 points i reckon.

Sounds like you'll get out of the 3 points, but you'll have to pay to attend. Cheaper than the insurance premium rise I guess. 34 in a 30 seems a bit rough, you naughty naughty boy :)

I got 36 in a 30 and had to attend a speed workshop in Northampton a few years back. Its for motorists who get caught speeding just ever so slightly over the speed limit in 30 zones.

Well worth the £60 to avoid those points. You may even find you'l enjoy it. :D