The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Keyed - what to do?

francis

Well what a great thing to discover just before a major exam! Some tw*t has keyed the side of the Supe :badmood: ... I guess it could be worse, but it's still pissed me right off. It's about 20cm long and at parts has gone all the way through to the white primer.

The question is what to do? Obviously I don't want to leave it like that because it ruins the car but what options do I have? (zymol didn't really help!) Are there any good alternatives to getting the whole panel resprayed? How much is this likely to cost?

Thanks,

Francis

keyed.jpg

Francis give Supraloopy a pm, he will be able to advise and was a real star when I discovered my car had been keyed. :( :yes: [My damage was the entirety of the passenger side and also on the rear panel of the drivers side]

Sorry to hear about another victim of pointless crime. Hope you get it sorted out soon

Guest chiefvinso

Sorry to hear about this, i know how it feels. All I can say is that I try to park my car where there are less people likely to pass it, in two bays at the other end of a car park (within sight) - still find that people park next to me. Its really frustrating, but it seems to be something that happens to us all.

T cut red might get that to come up a bit better.

Sorry to hear about this, i know how it feels. All I can say is that I try to park my car where there are less people likely to pass it, in two bays at the other end of a car park (within sight) - still find that people park next to me. Its really frustrating, but it seems to be something that happens to us all.

T cut red might get that to come up a bit better.

I've been told that T Cut is like using paint stripper on your car. :shock:

if its not deep enough to catch your finger nail in, then you maybe able to use a product that meguiars sell called sctrach x, i've used it before and it works well. If its depper than that, then i have used my body shop before and they buffed them out with a polishing machine, came out perfect and cost about £20

Hope that helps,

By various different people on different sites, such as detailing world, and polishers on the FTO forum

To quote someone from Detailing world"

"The abbrassive in T-cut remain abbrassive throughout the whole polishing process, they don't break down like the abbrassives in polishes from Meguiars, Poorboys etc. Because of this, they can induce marring, and its like treating your paint with liquid sandpaper"

I don't think that scratch will polish out, not if its down to the primer. :)

Well what a great thing to discover just before a major exam! Some tw*t has keyed the side of the Supe :badmood: ... I guess it could be worse, but it's still pissed me right off. It's about 20cm long and at parts has gone all the way through to the white primer.

The question is what to do? Obviously I don't want to leave it like that because it ruins the car but what options do I have? (zymol didn't really help!) Are there any good alternatives to getting the whole panel resprayed? How much is this likely to cost?

Thanks,

Francis

i will help you if i can m8.;)

Francis give Supraloopy a pm, he will be able to advise and was a real star when I discovered my car had been keyed. :( :yes: [My damage was the entirety of the passenger side and also on the rear panel of the drivers side]

Sorry to hear about another victim of pointless crime. Hope you get it sorted out soon

did james do it in the end??