The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mild steel piping

Seb

Not 100% Supra related as such, but I was looking at the HKS Silent Hi Power exhaust for the Aristo, which looks pretty good and follows the stock piping channels so won't ground sit too low, but the piping is only mild steel. How long would you expect a mild exhaust to last? I don't want to go wasting money on something that will fall apart after five minutes.

Peter, no idea how good the piping is on these tbh.

Scooter, £495 plus VAT according to the site. Not especially cheap, but from the sound clip on the HKS site it sounds like it'll make a good noise when you give it some, and, unlike the Nur Spec which you can also get for the Aristo, from the photo and diagram on the HKS Japan site it should fit the stock exhaust channels exactly. Only negatives are the mild piping, though back boxes are stainless, and the piping diameter - 3" into twin 2.5" leading to the back boxes. Still, someone somewhere said that 2.5" is fine for 450bhp, and as you've essentially got two exhausts at that stage, that should mean it's fine for 900bhp... maybe?

hi seb i know im going back a bit here , but when i had my capri , two exhausts , the pipes were ok from the manifold and along under the car but used to rot like hell when they went up and over the rear axel, changed them in the end to full stainless .

i was lucky to get 18 months out of the rear pipes