The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finished painting bits!

Stonkin

Evening people,

Well i have finally finished painting my spark plug cover and fuse lids!! Its been a harsh week with lots of painting, sanding, painting, sanding. But i'm very happy with them.

Here is a pic of them (sorry for crap pics, they are from a phone), i wont fit them for another day or so just to let them harden a bit more, but couldnt resist a quick pic.

and a quick pic of what it did look like, i'm hoping these will complement it nicely :D

Thanks to a few of you for giving me some spraying tips

Christian

Cheers guys, before i started, i wanted to paint the lettering. Tonight i put on the Envy stickers and then thought long and hard about the lettering on top. But took the plunge and tried it anyway as i knew it would look sweet. I painted them by hand with a tiny modelling brush with Hammerite paint that i bought for my brake calipers, its good as it also handles high temps.

For the white, i primed it with about 4 tins of spray, with lots of sanding in between. Then applied 2 coats of high gloss white paint called Plasticote, which was recommended to me by a few guys on here, it says it can handle high temps, so i guess only time will tell. I'll get another pic once i put them on at the w'end.

I can tell you, after doing this, i will NOT be spraying my dash! I'll be taking that to my local body shop! :)

i think Nic is supposed to get them tomorrow, so after he puts up some pics for me on here ;) he'll send them on, i'm hoping for the end of the month, but they may be another week after that

cough... 4-5 weeks shipment..... cough...

Looking good there Christian :thumbs:

I put lacquer on my strutbrace brackets after spending hours painting them black, and it ran like water, leaving trails. All my fault I know, but I thought I'd share the comment with you.

Your parts look the dogs ~@#' mate. makes me feel guilty for buying polished steel and carbon parts.

Ouch got me - thats making me worry, i'm just sure it needs some thin layer of overall protection, but the last thing i want is it all running everywhere!!

Cheers Ark, the red stripe was just some of that tape you can buy from halfords to put stripes down the side of a car, it was mainly for the fuse box lids, just to break the white up a bit but i figured it looked ok on the spark plug cover as well.