The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Haynes

NeoFuture

I think you'll find a lot of the manufacturers now enforce copyright on their production tolerances etc etc and will not supply Haynes with any specs or info., therefore Haynes won't even have a go at putting out an inferior manual.

Just another ploy to try and get you to the main dealer instead of you being able to do it yourself...:(

I think you'll find a lot of the manufacturers now enforce copyright on their production tolerances etc etc and will not supply Haynes with any specs or info., therefore Haynes won't even have a go at putting out an inferior manual.

Just another ploy to try and get you to the main dealer instead of you being able to do it yourself...:(

hmmm, I dunno. Isn't it more likely that they didn't bother making a manual for a car that only sold a few hundred in this country?

They don't seem to have a problem making workshop manuals for other, newer, Toyotas.

They're not very good anyway.

the one I got for my Mrs' Freelander was like :

To replace head gasket:

Open drivers door. Pull the handle towards you after unlocking the car.

Locate bonnet release lever in the drivers footwell. Pull lever.

Raise bonnet and secure in place with bonnet support arm.

Remove cylinder head and fit new gasket.

Installation is the reverse of removal.

Well ok it wasn't that bad but it was wasn't great. For anything complicated it just told you to take it to a Landrover dealer!

:wtf:

i always thought it was done by how many cars were built & sold. I was never able to get a manual for the MGF as they didnt build enough of them for Haynes to bother making a book.

I called Haynes when i bought my Mazda years ago.

They told me Mazda wouldn't give them any specs or allow them to print anything of Mazda origin etc etc....