The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Optimax check..

Bobbeh

If Tescos 99 is quality controlled to the same standard as the new digital tyre inflator I used a couple of weeks ago in their Bristol S/Market then I would worry big time.

A week after doing my tyres i checked them with my digital gauges at home and they were reading 5 lb over pressure, so must have been 7-8 lb over pressure on the day.

Thanks Tescos...........

If Tescos 99 is quality controlled to the same standard as the new digital tyre inflator I used a couple of weeks ago in their Bristol S/Market then I would worry big time......

I didn't know that people actually TRUST the readings of gauges in forecourts. Any monkey can drop it or run it over with their car, it's a public convenience isn't it?

I'd only use them for providing pressurised air --- always verify with your own quality gauge.

Good idea to have one in the car, and don't go for a cheap one either. You'll have consistent readings at least.

I didn't know that people actually TRUST the readings of gauges in forecourts. Any monkey can drop it or run it over with their car, it's a public convenience isn't it?

You'd have a job running over this one John, it's a friggin' great metal box stuck on the pavement!.....:D

As for the " its a public convenience".. No its not, its a service they are supposedly providing you with, and as such should be to a certain standard..

Not to calibrate their gauges properly show a lack of concern for their customers...

And sometimes you don't get time to check with your own gauge as there is someone waiting and then you forget by the time you get home......

They usually have signs saying that the gauges are not calibrated - I've seen some off by 10psi!!!

They could be all over the place. Would you *really* ever trust the readings from a gauge of unknown origin, knowing what a difference it can make in handling if a tyre is off by just a few psi?

A digital gauge only costs £5-7 and you'll know that you'll have consistent readings at least.