The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A little story...

Chris Wilson

I spent this evening trying to put some new, differently rated springs on my newly acquired Eibach dampers that I bought for my Skyline. Now when I say these, new, are expensive, I am talking 5k pounds for 4. So I was taking care... OK, I should have waited for the rebuild manual, but hey, they are only double adjustable dampers, and I can take triple adjustable Penskes apart in my sleep. BIG mistake, removed what looked like the nut with the top adjuster mechanism inside, to remove the spring top seat, and whammo, all sorts of litle bits and bobs flew acroos the workshop. No worries, I'll soon work out what's gone missing and find them. An hour later all I have found are my specs.. Damned things were in the car all the time, I am blind as a bat without them, for close up work. What i was thinking off stripping a shock I am unfamiliar with without them on, I do not know. Then 2 hours looking for a tiny ball bearing, two drilled siscs, a wave washer and another threaded disc, oh, and Ialso came upon a dead mouse and a universal jointed impact socket that was lost a year ago and replaced at great expense! Got the damned thing back together now, and feel a right wally. Don't tell anyone ;) I'll wait for the manual before looking at the valving in the business end :Pling:

I think we've all been there and done similar with one of those "It'll be fine if I'm REALLY careful" moments.

My last one was disasembling the boiler right before I yanked the wrong bit and it soaked me.

At least you found the impact socket :thumbs:

An hour later all I have found are my specs.. Damned things were in the car all the time, I am blind as a bat without them, for close up work. What i was thinking off stripping a shock I am unfamiliar with without them on, I do not know

Thought about trying Monovision with Contact Lenses Chris? Just have one contact lens with a readin prescription in 1 eye, your brain suppresses the blurred image it gives for distance vision? Might help you you know :D

Should give it a go Chris, no extra charge or anything, same brand of lens but just a different prescription in one eye. Works for about 8/10 people (won't work if you've got a very dominate eye). A lot of our customers swear by it, saves havin to put specs on and off all the time.

What about the 30-day soft lenses Specsavers do?

You're not meant to take them off at all for a month!

Yep a lot of people wearing these now, most don't have problems but there's an increased risk compared to normal disposables etc. Can use monovision with these too, so that means you put them in at the start of the month and don't have to wear specs at all, just change them at the end of the month. Speccies do them for £15.50, as started earlier, the monovision doesn't cost anything extra

Yep a lot of people wearing these now, most don't have problems but there's an increased risk compared to normal disposables etc....

So have you heard anything dodgy about them in the trade?

I was one of the first users, but have to steer clear for a month or two just to be on the safe side. I was wondering if there is something they're not telling me;)