The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Elvington today

MONKEYmark

went to elvington today with rich.was an ok day apart from rain on and off.quite a few good cars.met Simon P who drove from south london to elvington to compete. he did a great time of 12.3 in damp conditions on drag radials with no burnouts.he just missed out on qualifying for final shoot out round.he did his 12.3 after the qualifying time.

there was a few supras there.quite a lot of skylines and loads of honda civics.also a hyabus turbo drag bike and a caterum type kit car with holeshot megabusa turbo engine.

great time on stock turbos in wet for simon.beating a few single turbo supras times.sounds like his car has a bit of power and he knows how to drive it.you should get your name down for totb list.

great day apart from weather. met a mate with a single turbo cossie he was saying it has about 450hp and 1000cc injectors.engine was very clean and blingy.

good day out

Nice one, was debating whether or not to go to this, went on a MR2 day out instead :tongue: thought it would be safer.. after the last upgrade on my car the clutch is now slipping quite badly and I would have been tempted to run, the last time I ran at elvington the car had to be towed home

there was a cool mr2 with t88 setup and et streets was an asian lad.he was a sound guy.his car was too noisy for the day so he could not run.shame as i bet it would have gone well.lots of custom work.said it had run a 9 in japan.a few cars had full on slicks on the fwd cars

What time did all the Supras turn up? I left just after 1pm as there was only Simon and one other there.

I think the prices are a bit steep too. £10 just to get in plus £45 entrance fee and £5 day membership!! Have a laugh.....

there is houses not far from airfield.sound must carry.think he said limit was 105 decible limit.a few cars will get a shock at totb

Some friends of ours are thinking of moving to Elvo this year, I did warn them.

yes elvighton is set at 105db which is crap as most cars are higher than that so for that reson they are on about using a diffrent airfeild for totob which is yet to be confirmed

Chris Mann has asked me to point out that TOTB is not moving from Elvington, a sound limit is going to be in place for TOTB, should be more than 105db but assume it will be 105db and you wont go far wrong. Most cars should pass that level without too much trouble...it is rather loud.

JB