The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VOSA Van driving around Bracknell

Sharpie

Spotted driving past Coppid Beach hotel Friday morning - I had to look up what VOSA stood for but, had a rough idea - He was going in the other direction.

Is any special equipment used?

VOSA’s examiners will use a range of equipment according to the nature of the checks being carried out:

roller brake testers and heat sensors – for checking brake performance

Smoke Meters and Exhaust Gas Analysers – for exhaust emissions

Opacity Meters – for checking the level of tint in window glass

Limiter Tester – for checking the set speed of Speed Limiters

Defects found either through a visual inspection or through the use of test equipment may result in further use of the vehicle being prohibited. Vehicles prohibited in these circumstances need to be re-examined to ensure the defects observed have been repaired.

Taken from here:

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/carlgvowners/vosaroadsidechecks/vosaroadsidechecks.htm#P25_2641

Pete, in the last week I've spotted these vans all over south Reading and one in Bracknell (last Friday too). They all seemed to be sitting just off roundabouts and were surrounded by police cars and bikes! I got pulled over for no front plate (again) but they didn't check anything else. No fine, just a telling off (again).

Guest Garfy
Im glad Im alive now and not in future, I think these are going to be the last days of free driving, after you wont be able to fart without them knowing about it.........we'll be monitored and restricted up to the eyeballs :(

I think that it will be like this within the next ten Years.

There was a van outside the Sainsbury's in Bracknell last Thursday, and then a few hundred metres down the road a couple of police motor bikes and a cop car. I got pulled over, I had renewed my tax a couple of weeks ago after having had the car off the road for about 4 months, but looks like it hadn't updated on their systems. Was directed into the sports centre car park, where there were a few police vans/cars and VOSA inspectors. VOSA inspectors checked the car whilst a copper checked my details, everything was in order so all good... they even said the VOSA inspectors said my car was in good condition and the coppers themselves said it was a nice car! :)

nice to see the twats are out again trying to catch pepole with faulty cars i hate them i get pulled every time i go out in my car and for no reson they say have you got your insurance details and then inspect the car but most of the time its the same copper that pulls you over i am not against coppers because they have a job to do but some are ok and you get the uswell smarmmy shit that thinks he know,s everything they normalky ask for my insurance and then ask what mods have been done to the car and i say its completly standard and they say ok because they have no clue what so ever about them i am insured with all the mods declared but it just goes to show how much they no