The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lock your doors - read this

DShox

My folks told me of a local newspaper story a week or so ago in the Great Barr area (Birmingham / West Brom). It reminded me of why i didnt like bringing my soop to London where I have a numbered parking space.

Basically, a couple of work-shy tossas broke into some guys house, beat him up and took his Supra keys. They sped off but managed to make it about 200 yds down the road before rolling the car. Of course, as criminals are like cartoon characters, they were perfectly ok and ran off from the wreck.

just beware of roaming late night nobs.

whats a blackjax?

there was a gang in London featured on a documentary about a year ago doing this every night to owners of performance cars. the undercover cops watched them most nights but kept missing them in action so did nothing as they had insufficient evidence. the marked cars ended up chasing them after a raid to the dismay of the unmarked undercover cops - but they couldnt keep up with the Evo 6 and they got away. not sure if they ever caught em in the end.

Blackjax , made by clifford

Blackjax

Carjacking Response & Vehicle Recovery System

BlackJax is Clifford's unique anti-carjacking response system that puts personal safety first while using innovative advancements to ensure that users can recover the vehicle themselves. If an armed car thief approaches – whether at a stoplight or in a parking lot (where most carjackings occur) – immediately turn over the keys and remote and let Clifford technology take over.

BlackJax is fully automatic: no buttons or transmitters to push when a gun is involved. Just get away from the vehicle. BlackJax allows the criminal to drive away a safe distance. Then, a few seconds later, BlackJax blares the siren and flashes the lights to alert other drivers and witnesses. It then pulses down the ignition system to safely force the vehicle to slow to a complete stop. Siren blaring and lights flashing, unable to restart the engine, the carjacker has no choice but to abandon the vehicle.

BlackJax offers immediate vehicle self-recovery. With the vehicle immobilized a short distance away, the owner can recover it. No special tracking units, monthly fees or per-use charges. Just follow the sound of the BlackJax siren, then enter the PIN code. That's it – it's sabotage-proof. The only way to turn off BlackJax is with a secret user-selectable PIN code. If the carjacker tries guessing codes at random, BlackJax actively ignores his code entries for the next few minutes. Even if he were to find and remove the BlackJax control unit, he would still be unable to restart the engine. That's Clifford technology you can count on.£225.00

ah ive heard of this sort of thing...have u gotta turn the ignition off first b4 handing keys over as u might not get a chance?

it says that it ignores random PIN entries for a few mins - what happens after a few mins?

ta

Blackjax can be a real pain in the arse at times.

So far this week I've forgotten to enter the code while driving around my works car-park, driving away from my partners work and leaving from outside our house. Mind you, I can now enter the code while driving so no more emergency stops.

In it's defence I'd say that if I can't get off my drive without setting it off and disbaling the car then no pikey c**t is gonna do it either.

ah ive heard of this sort of thing...have u gotta turn the ignition off first b4 handing keys over as u might not get a chance?

it says that it ignores random PIN entries for a few mins - what happens after a few mins?

ta

Blackjax isn't fussed about whether you have the keys in or not. If someone pulled you from the car with the engine running, Blackjax will work.

If someone grabs your keys and jumps in your car, it works.

If your girlfriend get out to go to an ATM and you don't enter the pin when she gets back in, it works.

Blackjax , made by clifford

Blackjax

Carjacking Response & Vehicle Recovery System

BlackJax is Clifford's unique anti-carjacking response system that puts personal safety first while using innovative advancements to ensure that users can recover the vehicle themselves. If an armed car thief approaches – whether at a stoplight or in a parking lot (where most carjackings occur) – immediately turn over the keys and remote and let Clifford technology take over.

BlackJax is fully automatic: no buttons or transmitters to push when a gun is involved. Just get away from the vehicle. BlackJax allows the criminal to drive away a safe distance. Then, a few seconds later, BlackJax blares the siren and flashes the lights to alert other drivers and witnesses. It then pulses down the ignition system to safely force the vehicle to slow to a complete stop. Siren blaring and lights flashing, unable to restart the engine, the carjacker has no choice but to abandon the vehicle.

BlackJax offers immediate vehicle self-recovery. With the vehicle immobilized a short distance away, the owner can recover it. No special tracking units, monthly fees or per-use charges. Just follow the sound of the BlackJax siren, then enter the PIN code. That's it – it's sabotage-proof. The only way to turn off BlackJax is with a secret user-selectable PIN code. If the carjacker tries guessing codes at random, BlackJax actively ignores his code entries for the next few minutes. Even if he were to find and remove the BlackJax control unit, he would still be unable to restart the engine. That's Clifford technology you can count on.£225.00

psymon, don't you talk funny......:)