The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scuff and Scratches

NeoFuture

The dash is easy to take out but not so easy to recolour (it's removing the old stuff that's a pain in the ass btw).

its not a pain in the ass at all, forget the wet and dry paper although still needed

take the dash apart and then get some isopropyl alcohol, apply but not to much as its a waste, leave for about 1 minute and then get a towel and wipe the coating off, the rubbery stuff just melts off and leaves the plastic alone

then just rough it up with some rough wet and dry and then get some smooth stuff to give you a nice finish

then prime and paint

the old way of doing it is with rough and smooth wet and dry, that took hours and hours, with the alcohol you can do the WHOLE dash in less than 1 hour

you mean theres an easy way!!!!!!!!!! I have been sanding for months! Where can I get this stuff from?

yeah maplins sell it and its best to get it in a tin and not spray imo as tried both and just pouring it on works wonders remeber, make sure that your well ventilated and that you wear gloves and leave it for a minutes and watch it wipe off

beware it gets very sticky so use a large towel you could not care about

then sand it to rough it up and finish it ready for prime and paint

sweet shall be getting that for the last 2 panels

lol wait till you see how quick it comes off, your heart will sink thinking you spent time sanding, i got told about it from a member on here and i had done the ashtray and centre console which took me 6 hours for them both, then done the rest in an hour with the alcohol

You must have some rough towels in your house. It's taken me three hours to do the ashtray, right and left panels and that was with some rough scouring pads. A towel just wasn't shifting anything.

did you use isopropyl alcohol, you have to use a lot and not just a thin wipe over with the stuff, but not to much that its dripping down the sides to waste it

leave for about a minute and only do 6 inch patches at a time

For the time it takes, if it works, you might as well just scrub away. I found it helps to use those cheap A5 size scouring pads, but keep turning them to a fresh piece, else it just overloads with rubber. 5 hours in total for me, i've now primed them and they're "curing" in the old airing cupboard.

For the time it takes, if it works, you might as well just scrub away. I found it helps to use those cheap A5 size scouring pads, but keep turning them to a fresh piece, else it just overloads with rubber. 5 hours in total for me, i've now primed them and they're "curing" in the old airing cupboard.

took you 5 hours, geez i was only an hour for the rest of the panels, the only thing that i can think of is that there is different strengths of the alcohol i get it mail order, as when i applied it just rubed off with little elbow grease