The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK / Jap wheel fitting

Phil Wall

Hi...

The UK and Jap spec cars to not have the same offset apart from that there will be clearance issues with the wheel design. The UK spec brakes are very much larger than the J-spec items so anyone with stock 16" wheels will need to upgrade.

I can't comment of the wheels you have and there suitability with UK spec brakes, I suspect the best way would be to find your friendly UK spec owner and see if they fit.  

The wheel offset will vary with wheel width. The PCD is the same, i.e. 5-stud 114.3 mm. Wheel offsets are something that you can toy around with, to a degree; either to clear bigger brakes, or to space the wheels out further in order to give the impression the arches are packed out more. Offset only really becomes ultra-critical on race cars. For a fast road-car, + or - 5 mm difference in offset doesn't matter all that much.

Yours,

J

Thanks Ash,

I know that I have to change my wheels when I fit  the UK brakes I have sitting in boxes.

I just wanted to know what to say when I am asking dealers about wheels. It  is a lot easier to say UK spec than  Jap spec with this that and the other fitted.

I do know one or two friendly UK owners.

I will have to see If they will help.

I can picture it now ,  I only have four axel stands, big black beautiful Supra stacked up on bricks.

Got to be a photo for the board.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Guest Supragirl

Which black beautiful Supra on bricks?? surely not the MKIII? I dont believe we own any other supra!! :)

I am sure we would be only too happy to help out..

Hmmm I think we might have to bring our own Axle Stands...couldn't bear to see the car on bricks!! :biggrin: