The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance Help

jazz1

Ok guys i just turned 21 last week and im hoping to insure the supra just under my name, but im after third party only as it will be a killer for fully comp. Anyways i have 1 years no claims and my car is an 1996 import, any ideas on any company that will insure third party on my car?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Sorry Bouut That, It Just Doesnt Protect You From The Things You Dont Expect, These Cars Can Catch You Out. As Weve Seen Recently With That Black One..

Just To Risky, Especially With The Money Jazz Wants To Put Into His Car....

i know what your saying but at the current moment id rather have third party as with me spending all the money on the car im very unlucky to get insured:(, i suppose with third party i can start driving the car as its been parked for years

Yeah, I guess you're right Jody. I suppose it depend on just how much cheaper 3rd party actually is.

Mind you, even if you have fully comp, if you're young and crash and claim you ain't going to be able to insure a Supra again anyway. Not for a few years anyway.

try bell, but be warned they will ensure you and cover your mods etc but they wont do like for like or agreed value but if all your after is a cover why not try them

or a broker, let them do all the leg work for you give them a budget of about £1800 so they work at that, and if you have 2k well fair enough you got a deal

also try http://www.confused.com but a word of warning do not put in your real telephone number cause you get the companies phoning you on high end cars for a sale

i know what your saying but at the current moment id rather have third party as with me spending all the money on the car im very unlucky to get insured:(, i suppose with third party i can start driving the car as its been parked for years

jazz my mate has just turned 21 with 2 years NCB he got quoted 1600 from elephant fully comp,on a j spec tt6,might be worth trying them.

I use A-Plan Insurance in Thatcham. They were £600 cheaper than anyone else unbelievably, with fully comp and the other half on it in case it was ever needed! Was well surprised and very impressed with 'personal service' they give you.

Just got quoted from going from mine to Dangerous Brains Aristo, and the premium only goes up £107!! Marvelous!

Some companies won't insure you third party only, especially on this type of car. Just something else to bare in mind.

thanks guys, some guy on here called mas(with bell) had got a quote third party by bell byt everytime i try third party they say no:rolleyes:

basically u need to know how to bend the truth..not lie. Also some options on their site effect your premium but dont make a different to anything.

- Like the question "do u use another car regularly". Put yes and it drops ur quote by a few hundred normally.

-Occupation is also important, u can bend the truth. My mate works for british gas. I changed his job from Gas Engineer to just Engineer. Dropped the price by £120.

-Mileage aswell effects the premium. Bear that in mind!

-Named Driver. This is your golden saviour. If you can put your mum or dad on the policy (pref mum as females are cheaper) this will drop your quote a hell of alot.

Go to Elephant site now and run a quote....u may be suprised!

Any problems let me know!

ahh TPO is refused cos of the value of the car + they might not want to take the risk in any case. often an insurer is more concerned by the injury aspect of the claim + the fact you might take out a 30k Merc, so often comp and TPO are similar.

I used RAC - very handy - didnt care about my 3 points. I was a named driver and insured in my dads name -700ish btw. and i have no NCB.

I saw a couple adverts for hyperformance.com (or something similar) for young drivers.

D