The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Indicators in Headlamp?

Tricky-Ricky

didn't drill anything, swapped the wiring around and put indicator in to sidelight. I just need to sort out sidelights but not to worried only when mot is due

Well some idiot drilled mine and poked a small bulb through the hole as a side light. (this is on a facelift BTW)

Feckin' retarded if you ask me.

So whats retarded about relocating the indicators to the headlight, like most modern designs?

I meant drilling holes into facelift lights and poking small light bulbs through is a bit stupid. Sorry..not too clear on account of lots of JD.

I've been wanting to do the same thing, I'm thinking along the lines of getting bulb paint, painting the fog bulbs amber then wiring the indicator leads onto them, it should be easy enough without too much modification.

Ive tested one of the fog bulbs on the indicator circuit (using a couple of wire grips and a steady hand) it flashes and its bright!

Only problem is that the bulbs are Halogen...... hmmmmm Halogen and paint.....:bang: watch this space...... (I tend not to use the indictor much anyway and when I do they will only be on 50% of the flash, I'll have to avoid big roundabouts):looney:

• 2 weeks later...

I took the plunge this weekend and changed the fogs into indicators, fairly painless only needed to cut two wires and join a couple and splash a bit of bulb paint on, then hey presto no more naff indicators in the bodywork, they now take pride of place were god intended them to be.

They are a perfect amber and certainly bright enough, I put the hazards on for a while to test the painted halogens and no problem, even if it were it would also be simple enough to revert back, but no need, I’ve been using them quite a bit since converting them and all is sweet.:ok:

I converted mine a couple of weeks ago to use the small little dome like fitting but as the 501 bulbs are only 5W the indicators flash faster than normal.

If I add a 10ohm resistor this will fix the flashing issue, apparently, but not got round to it yet.

I bought orange 501 bulbs from halfrauds :)