The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No boost

Phil

On the way to work this morning I accelerated hard up a hill and when I closed the throttle there was a bang since which I cannot generate positive boost.

I've had something similar before when the large rubber hose over the back of the airbox came off but on checking all the obvious hoses are fitted correctly.

I'm fairly sure the Turbo1 is Ok because I can hear it spinning but as soon as the gauge gets to 0psi it won't go any further and it sounds as though air is escaping somewhere.

Could it be a split hose? I've check the large hoses relating to the intercooler and throttle body but can't find anything obvious - any others?

Could it be the wastegate jammed?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers,

I fitted the HKS on Sunday so it could be where I bent the throttle body hose below it whilst mucking about, but I couldn't see anything obvious.

I will take the easy hoses off when I get home to check for splits.

I'm getting the warning lights related to the TC removal but I don't *think* my problem is caused by this.

Its most likely a pipe thats popped orf.......... mine did it recently after uppin the boost......... it was the intercooler side of the hardpipe that passes thro' the inner wing.......

just what I needed at midnight on the way home from a restaurant.....:sad:

Got it! As soon as I got home I had a look with a decent light and saw it straight away.

The flexible hose from the Throttle Body goes into a hard plastic section about 6" long and vertical, which is bolted to the underside of the battery shelf.

The lower part of this had come adrift from the pipe which runs along the front of the car and then turns up to the throttle body.

Undid all the jubilee clips and refitted it all properly, went for a blast - 18psi again.

Big grins all round :) :)

Cheers,

(Edited by Phil at 6:35 pm on Aug. 20, 2001)