The mkiv Supra Owners Club

thinking about

Guest frisby123

Guest frisby123

buying a supra twin turbo , at the mo i own a impreza prodrive rb5, just wandered what are the good points and bad about the supra, and which is the best version to go for, and how they compare with a scoobs. also what the mpg like on a twin turbo

Good points,

Looks amazing

Smooth (with the auto)

Very fast

Can be made very very very fast

Reliable

Best version depends on your budget and whether your after man or auto?

but there's only really 2, non turbo and turbo! you have sz,rz,gz,rz-s bla bla bla but have a look in the faq, personally try to get a facelift one (post 96, only jap as uk were built till 96) new colours came in to place, nicer lights, dash is updated a little and they are rarer, expect to pay 15k to get something like a 98 manual tt with under 50k,

Bad points

Drinks fuel like no tommorow around the 20's I guess on an average drive

Lots of crappy one's about

steering feel imo really lets it down

I'd advise to REALLY research before you buy and you should probably look out for ones on here as they are enthusiast owned.

HTH

Tom.

Guest Flat4_ire
Good points,

Looks amazing

Smooth (with the auto)

Very fast

Can be made very very very fast

Reliable

Best version depends on your budget and whether your after man or auto?

but there's only really 2, non turbo and turbo! you have sz,rz,gz,rz-s bla bla bla but have a look in the faq, personally try to get a facelift one (post 96, only jap as uk were built till 96) new colours came in to place, nicer lights, dash is updated a little and they are rarer, expect to pay 15k to get something like a 98 manual tt with under 50k,

Bad points

Drinks fuel like no tommorow around the 20's I guess on an average drive

Lots of crappy one's about

steering feel imo really lets it down

I'd advise to REALLY research before you buy and you should probably look out for ones on here as they are enthusiast owned.

HTH

Tom.

if ur a real scooby man u wont be gone on the supra man, really feels different..drive one and ul see, greeeat cars just very different...fuel is pretty much same as scooby