The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Pillar Pod?

Tricky-Ricky

I'm in a bit of a quandary as to the best way to go on this, i bought a cheap universal which doesn't fit needless to say! but i could make my own using this! or i could buy one from one of the traders, now i have PMd emailed four of the traders on here and only two have had the courtesy to reply! (do they actually want the business:rolleyes: )?

Now they are not cheap! and i have heard of fit issues with some, so can someone recommend one? or an alternative from elsewhere?

I had a similar selection problem - after a fair bit of research I opted for the Envy one which I now have in the garage waiting to be fitted. Unlike some it actually fits without leaving gaps, it lacks the fixings of the standard one but that can be worked around.

My only minor gripe is that the finish on the pod part doesn't fully replicate the 'leather grain' effect of the rest of it but it's trying, there is a texture to it unlike some that are just gloss finish horrors.

So if Envy have some (they order in batches) I'd try one, otherwise I'd wait until they do, the others aren't worth the money from what I've seen.

If you search you should find a couple of other threads with pics showing a few types.

Edit to add links:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=59980&

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=59868&

I'm in a bit of a quandary as to the best way to go on this, i bought a cheap universal which doesn't fit needless to say! but i could make my own using this! or i could buy one from one of the traders, now i have PMd emailed four of the traders on here and only two have had the courtesy to reply! (do they actually want the business:rolleyes: )?

Now they are not cheap! and i have heard of fit issues with some, so can someone recommend one? or an alternative from elsewhere?

Greddy.....direct from japan but well worth the wait

Hi mate

I have some here - if you want I'll bring one down to Bolney this weekend if you are going

If not you are always welcome to 'try before you buy' and have a look first - I'm not a million miles from you

Cheers

Thanks for the offer Paul, but i think i'm going to hang on for a bit, may even go the DIY route.