The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New TT in the club

Mas

Hi Folks

***first of all thanks nic for your very prompt reply mate***

this is my first posting in this site as I just joined the club as I just became a TT MKIV owner , while the car is being shipped from japan Im willing to find some add ups for it as it comes with no modifications at all,

Its a 1994 manual6 TT with 52K miles, was saving for it for the last 2 years and had to sell my MR2 aswell but Im hopping it all worth what I did to get the supra.

I have some questions and would be great if any one could help:

1. need some nice wheels, was thinking of the D2 KEIRACING but not sure if 18x8.5 is wide enough thats why thought the DO-LUCK twin6 are perfect and wondered if any one knows where I can find some in reasonable prices.

2. need a full S/S Exhaust system, please help if you know where I can get the best one possible.

3. Air induction kit and dump valve are needed aswel and would be great to have some help aswell.

Hi Mas and :welcome: again to the club

:Pics: any pics or spec? Traditional for new members to post pics to show off their baby :)

BTW you will be limited to 40 free posts and will not have access to some of the sections/features of the forum. If you want to become a full member, then the anual fee is £10 or £30 lifetime membership. See details here:

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/announcement.php?f=2&a=9

Everything you could ever want to know abut the Supra, can be found on here, the FAQ section and search button are a good place to start, anything else just ask away.

cheers

welcome mate.

get busy researching about mods before you start buying so you dont regret them, if wheels are your first thing will they clear uprated brakes? as this is a great mod down the further down the road

forget about an induction kit now you dont need one.lots of info on this subject

a good boost gauge would be first on my list.

your lucky to have a standard car i would keep it close to that as possible ,you can do that and still have an awesome 400bhp+ road tool

As the pig said, most people on here have gone back to a stock air box after many MANY threads about how crap aftermarket air filters are and how GOOD the Toyota air-box is!! Keep it, you only need an air filter if you go single.

Wheels: How much are you spending? Do-luck's are nice, I'm a Volk Racing fan, have a look through some of the garages on here to get an idea.

Zorst: Same question. Ti ones are the best but also very expensive (shame you can't search for 'ti' really!). I'm not sure what companies do titanium exhausts though TBH.

HELLO AND WELCOME........!! IAM NEW AROUND HERE TO, THESE GUYS KNOW THERE STUFF GREAT TO KNOW,WHEN YOU GET NEW TYPE OF CAR ALL IS STRAGE BUT MORE HELP THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE, YOU NAME IT SOME ON HERE KNOWS IT ( nice to know big bruv got your back!!!! ) KEEP UT THE GOOD WORK !!!:blink:

Hi again everyone, as Nic said I better show you my supra, Its a 94 TT Manual with 85K KM, and as I said before its astill a verjin one the only modifications are a HKS Turbo timer, 98 Front light, MOMO steering wheel and a full bodykit, plus just been resprayed aswell that I think Im lucky to have that.

e420_Supra_RZ_bodykit_blue 004.jpg

e420_Supra_RZ_bodykit_blue 007.jpg

e420_Supra_RZ_bodykit_blue 038.jpg

e420_Supra_RZ_bodykit_blue 046.jpg

thanks for watching guys and please let me know what do you think .

Looks like they have upgraded the front lights as well to face lift ones ;)

is that not what he meant by "98 front lights"? :D ;)

nice car btw mate. just needs some wheels, an exhaust and some clear side repeaters / indicators. :cool:

Very nice Mas :thumbs:

Front bumper is the Bomex type 2 (same as the Supra on the Fast and the Furious), Toyota optional side skirts, don't recognise the rear spats.

Have you bought the car directly from Japan or through an importer?

yes guys , the fron lights are the face lift one(when I said 98 ) and yeah I bought it direct from japan Nic, its still in the ship and will be here soon, Im lucky as the front bumper is what I really wanted to have on my supra also the back , and as I said its an untouched one and needs some mods, Exaust , Wheels,etc..

forgot to say that, this is my second import, I have imported an MR2 last year, but my love to Supras made me sell the poor car in less than 6 month;)

and now Im looking through all the insurance companies to find a good cover for myself, considering Im 25 with 2 years no claim :D

any ideas guys?

is that not what he meant by "98 front lights"? :D ;)

nice car btw mate. just needs some wheels, an exhaust and some clear side repeaters / indicators. :cool:

Mmmm, yeah, you would have thought I would have seen that, but truth is like any tipical red blooded male I went straight to the pictures and didnt bother reading the text ;) :p

Hi Mas,

Try Elephant.co.uk, I know I dont actually own a Supra yet but I will certainly be using them when I do get one. They allow 6 mods and the insurance is based on them returning the car to its standard form should you crash it and not replacing all of the mods. This means that for me on a J spec TT I would be paying £670 protected. I am 28 with 5 years no claims and it also includes my 24 year old wife on the cover (most places wont insure anyone under 25 on a turbo or import). So all in all I am very happy with the quote.

Mark

Thanks Marke

will defo give them a call , I ll buy you a drink if they quote me happy :)

Mas

Hi Mas,

Try Elephant.co.uk, I know I dont actually own a Supra yet but I will certainly be using them when I do get one. They allow 6 mods and the insurance is based on them returning the car to its standard form should you crash it and not replacing all of the mods. This means that for me on a J spec TT I would be paying £670 protected. I am 28 with 5 years no claims and it also includes my 24 year old wife on the cover (most places wont insure anyone under 25 on a turbo or import). So all in all I am very happy with the quote.

Mark