The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TC Lock Up Switch Question

terribleturner

From my understanding and the little use I had with mine so far. When you enable the lock-up switch it will not shift up or down. You will need to switch it off to change up or down and also when you really put your foot down I have been told that you should have it switched off. The exact words were 'No hard pulls with it on'....

As far as manual mode, I don't know how your car is set up but mine has the trac fuse pulled (Racelogic installed) and with the BL tranny and TC, manu mode is disabled.

My understanding of the TC lock-up switch is that it needs to be used as much as possible to keep the heat down, or so I have been told. :search:

So in theory on the drag strip i can have it off, plant my foot and then put it on which will keep it in geaar longer, then just turn it off just before i wanna change gear and it'll change. Then put it baack on again to do the same thing. So it'll be like manual mode in a way as i hold the gear for a full rev range.

Justin how do you find it changing up and down?? And are you just splicing into #14 on the ecu or are you adding a relay??

Justin how do you find it changing up and down?? And are you just splicing into #14 on the ecu or are you adding a relay??

I haven't fitted it mate and probably won't now. I would say that on motorways is when the car is most different to stock TC. But once you get used to it not really a problem. You can have my relay and crimped wires if you want for free.