The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon Front Splitter

Stonkin

Later this summer i'm gona want to add a front splitter, i've been looking at a few and also chosen the kind of style i like.

But then i thought it may look good to have a carbon front splitter. My car is black, gona have black wheels, tinted rear lights and light window tints eventually.

How well would a carbon splitter wear with regards to damage, i dont mean chipping it on the front of curbs but the odd stones flying up on a normal painted front would chip it, but it could be easily repaired, how about carbon?

Been trying to find some pics, but struggling a bit.

hahaha, you dont like the idea then? :)

Only one i can see is the Seibon Carbon Fiber Front Lip that MVP do, but i cant tell from the pic if it comes up at the sides or is the same level all round?

Just seen another one by Sard, but that just looks very flat and a bit boring

whifbitz do one mate but i think it's the Seibon one as well, take a peek at their website.

i like the idea, don't get me wrong and have thought about it myself. but you'd have to be a pretty careful driver to get away with it (which i'm not) and a different coloured car to contrast with the carbon.

AH! that helps a lot Paul, the only Seibon i had seen was the one that came up at the sides, ie, the TS Lip.

Now i have just seen they do a flat one all around, the TJ Lip.

Cheers for that link!

Anyone have any pics of the TJ lip on a black car?

To be honest i wouldnt really want it to stand out major, its the little things that catch peoples eye during a second glance that count.

How does carbon wear with stones hitting it, does it chip? Would it help to put some of that plastic stone guard over the top of it, or would that make it look shit?