The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New spoiler

Flipfinger

That's no disaster... it's what I would call the definition of serendipity. :)

I think I know someone who might have a stock spoiler for sale. It's: [email protected]

This spoiler could also be supplied painted to the colour of the car if you wanted. Whizz Justin an email and see if you can strike a deal.

Yours,

J

Note there are two types of veilside rear spoiler, if you have a targa top make sure it's the carbon one, as the other is too heavy (i've often though it increases downforce by simply weighing loads) for the standard boot piston things thus stowing the roof is a real art if you don't have someone to help ;) I don't know if you can uprate these pistons though.

I think the cost was quite alot for the carbon one though. I've found importing veilside kit mighty expensive. I'm sure JF will be able to find them at a 'reasonable' price. JIC do some knock-offs that are pretty cheap, and they look pretty good on the cars i've seen.

I don't actually know if they're supposed to be an upgrade to the rear spoiler, I think it's just cosmetics. I think they definatly make the supra look more sinister.

And I know i'm going to suffer for this, but I quite like supras without the rear spoiler :), but to my defense both my supras have veilside rear wings...

I can back this up, the Veilside spoiler is so heavy that the boot struts just cannot hold the boot up and Im quite sure it is possible to get trapped by the boot if you are reaching into the car for something.

Of course, if you never use the boot then the Veilside is probably pretty good, but a bit too big and showy for my taste.

JB

Or keep one of your Grans walking sticks in the boot

to help prop the boot lid up........... ;)

Im going to buy a Stillen (or fake Stillen) rear spoiler,

so my stock one will be up for grabs, if your mkiv is silver,

your laughing........

Right, well, just about to depart for HONK IF YOUR HORNY,

hope the crappy weather aint put anyone off....

Paul Wiffin does a copy of a RMM rear wing which is v.nice. I think someone on the list has one (other than Paul!) I belive that it is the most sought after aftermatket rearwings. have a look on www.whifbitz.co.uk. They come unpainted normally or paul can get them made to order painted and everything...