The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Do You Think Reguarding Upgraded TC

terribleturner

First off you do not need to rev the nuts off it to move. Honestly it is not bad at all, it is noticeable but not like you are thinking mate. The benefit of having the TC is the almost instant power you feel when you plant your foot down. It basically takes away most if not all of the lag one would get with the single. Well worth a bit of extra revs when pottering around in traffic... ;)

First off you do not need to rev the nuts off it to move. Honestly it is not bad at all, it is noticeable but not like you are thinking mate. The benefit of having the TC is the almost instant power you feel when you plant your foot down. It basically takes away most if not all of the lag one would get with the single. Well worth a bit of extra revs when pottering around in traffic... ;)

You sold it Joe :clap: Cheers mate.

Yeah Ro, i was weighing it all up. The extra value to the car and the costs etc.... but i think it wont be finically worth it in the long run. :( Would have been nice though.

Exhaust wise i've got a nur with 3" decats.

When will the car start to move with a 3800 TC?? Am sure it comes online about 3200ish :(

EDITED: Just seen it will begin to move about 2300rpm with the turbo ideally coming in at 3500, so not too far off. Guess i'll run it and see how it feels and if neccassary get a 3200 instead.

you will hate motorway driving with a single and the nur-spec. its very droney and after an hours driving really does give me a headache. i put the silencer back in recently as i had a noise abatement letter from the council and i love the sound now.

Yeah i heard that about the single/Nur spec combo. Thank god i still have the bung in thee garage :D

i really do love the sound with the silencer. its not that much quieter and it gets rid of the drone completely. people still here you coming from miles away:D

:yeahthat: