The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yay, BPU.

Mcgoo

:) Gone BPU this week, Good ain't it!!:D

Cheers whifbitz for the decat, fitted both of them in the end. Fitted walbro and plugs, already had boost gauge, fcd and Nur spec.

Drives like a dream and sounds pretty good to. (quieter than i thought)

Its peaking about 1.1bar and getting constant boost of between 0.9 and 1.0 I asume this sounds about right and is safe enough for j-spec tubbies?

I suppose an intercooler would be next?

Oh yeah, got an egt gauge that doesnt do anything Might just be filling a hole i think, is it worth trying to get it going, swapping it for AFR or are they both unnecessary for the stage I'm at??

Its all down to luck of the draw with the stock turbos, some get away with 1.3 bar(with the fuelling/ignition sorted to match), I ran mine like this for about a year with no probs but then you get some cars blowing turbos running std boost. Just think of it as a good excuse to go single if they blow!

Its all down to luck of the draw with the stock turbos, some get away with 1.3 bar(with the fuelling/ignition sorted to match), I ran mine like this for about a year with no probs but then you get some cars blowing turbos running std boost. Just think of it as a good excuse to go single if they blow!

Yep, I got your quote for going single .............lol, think I will stick to 1.2 bar for a wee while yet

Its all down to luck of the draw with the stock turbos

:yeahthat:

Most people don't have any problems, but one or two unlucky ones have had turbo seals start leaking within a few thousand miles.

I've been BPU (1.25bar) for over 2 years and covered over 30k miles, there's no signs of turbo seal problems and it still performs as good as it did when I first went BPU in early 2004.

As Paul says... luck of the draw (guess it helps if your car has been well looked after though!)