The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Super Dragger V Nur Spec done search

jot_ie

Can anyone give me a reasonable guide as to the sound difference between a Hks Super Dragger and a Blitz Nur Spec R

Say on a scale of 1 -10 where 1 would be a completely standard stock exhaust.

There is one I am thinking of buying but I am really concerned about pissing off the neighbours. Words have been passed, and that was over a damaged Super Dragger. Much louder will have the authorities involved.

Also there seems to be conflicting opinions as to the fit of the nur spec. A lot of posts mention the fact that they hang very low.

Anyone got any pics of one on a supra.

I have done the search thing, took me a bout 4 hours last night, unfortunately nothing to help me decide.

Many thanks

John

I have got the Super Dragger fitted to a decatted TT. I get told it is loud, but for me i would prefer something louder, but i am used to my old and very loud Scooby. I personally would prefer the sound of the Nur. I believe from others that the NUR does hang low and can be a little 'boomy' on the motorway.

I would be ready to sell my Super Dragger to someone on here and then purchase something else second hand, but sometimes trying to tie up selling one and buying another at the same time can be hard

I would be ready to sell my Super Dragger to someone on here and then purchase something else second hand, but sometimes trying to tie up selling one and buying another at the same time can be hard

IMHO

Superdragger = low down rumble - 6/10 on the noiseometer

NUR = high up rumble - 8.5/10 on the noiseometer

However I would not buy a superdragger as not convinced of the build quality at all - too many weld breaks etc

Where are you based Stonkin?

I had a SuperDragger on my white car (98 VVTi) and it was bloody loud at low revs. It also fell to bits inside the silencer while the outside still looked fine. Not impressed with it at all.

Mind you, I wouldn't have a NURSpec either 'cos they hang too low.

I have a HKS Carbon/Ti on my grey car and I'm very happy with it. Quite a deep noise but not too loud. No comments from the neighours so far.

:thumbs:

My predicament is that I have a Super Dragger fitted to the car at the moment. But the pipe into the back box has more patches and holes than a seive. As you can imagine its loud enough particularly as I have no cats (CW downpipe)

However I really like the whole look of the back box and the 130mm tip on the dragger. I was going to have it repaired. I.e get a new ss pipe to replace the old steel one.

A nur spec (full system) has been tempting me. I just cant decide firstly because of the noise and secondly the fit of the thing.

John

i have a nur spec and double decat...its loud but a nice rumble...neighbours dont complain as i have asked them...its in a different league from the boy racer whining noise most pugs etc have and what mostly irritates the neighbours. also the nur spec comes with a baffler that reduces the levels quite a bit - never use mine tho:D

i have a nur spec, and if fitted CORRECTLY they not do hang that low, sound very good IMHO

I have one o my car too,it hangs low on the car,suspension is very low anyway.

have you tried bending up the long support bar on the exhaust to bring it up higher??

My predicament is that I have a Super Dragger fitted to the car at the moment. But the pipe into the back box has more patches and holes than a seive. As you can imagine its loud enough particularly as I have no cats (CW downpipe)

However I really like the whole look of the back box and the 130mm tip on the dragger. I was going to have it repaired. I.e get a new ss pipe to replace the old steel one.

A nur spec (full system) has been tempting me. I just cant decide firstly because of the noise and secondly the fit of the thing.

John

I also have a Chris Wilson double de-cat and Superdragger,love it to bits,does tend to be a bit loud at low revs but the neighbours will get over it.

I have one o my car too,it hangs low on the car,suspension is very low anyway.

have you tried bending up the long support bar on the exhaust to bring it up higher??

i don't bother with that support, too far from pipe to do any real supporting, i made a bracket that attaches to the trannie tunnel brace, works a treat fella

Having had the stock, Superdragger and Nur-Spec, hopefully I can give you some valuable advice.

On noise levels, out of 10:

Stock - 1

Superdragger - 5

Nur Spec - 7

Nur Spec single de-cat - 8

Nur Spec double de-cat - 9

Which is equal to:

Superdragger after 6 months with multiple holes - 9!

Essentially, AFAIK, the superdragger is mild steel apart from the back box and so with a bit of salt on the roads is as about as useful as a colinder in trying to get exhaust fumes out the back box.

The Nur-Spec is stainless steel throughout so its longevity is far superior.

My HKS did not hang lower than the stock exhaust (apart from larger back box).

My Nur-Spec gives much less clearance than the stock exhaust, but even lowered I have no probs with speed bumps.

Hope that helps...

Thanks Nick

That is indeed helpful

According to the positions on the "scale" mine must be a 12 or thirteen at the moment....

Super Dragger with multiple holes in the pipe and double decat.

Some of the holes are from the pipe being too low where it passes under the rear crossmember. Too may ramps and speed bumps arround here.

If the nurspec hangs much lower than the dragger it will only last me a day.

Appreciate all your help guys

Many thanks

John