The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goodyear Eagle F1s on UK 17"s

francis

Well it's about 10 months since I bought the Supe (with near new Eagle F1s on) and about 14k miles later they're in need of replacing. Seems sensible to stick with Eagle F1s, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on where to get them? Checked two online places:

Blackcircles - £477.52 fully fitted

Mytyres - £410.60 plus £20 fitting at local garage

Does anyone have any experience of mytyres? Apparently the tyres come from Germany so I'll have to wait a few days if I do go down that route.

Cheers,

Francis

i like the hankook ventus sport tyres, according to tyre tests they out perform F1's but i have never driven on F1's but can vouch for the hankooks, they never slipped once with me unless i was booting it in the wet from a standing start and i was on 235's on the rears at that time in a TT so they measured up good

Thats a good price mate Johnsons tyres come out at

235/45ZR17 GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 GSD3 2

£72.00 £144.00

255/40ZR19 GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 GSD3 2

£120.05 £240.10

Subtotal £384.10

VAT £67.22

Total £451.32

what I do is get the best quote I can then phone Kwik Fit and they normally price match for me

On the topic of tyres, have just checked the tread and none of the tyres have quite reached the wear marker yet, perhaps 0.5mm away on one of the sides - will this still pass MOT? (on Friday)

Also it looks like the right side, particularly the inner side has worn a little more than the left - could it do with a geometry check?

i dont think its that site specifically that rates the tyres as quite a few tyres use the same test site

looked at most of the reviews,thikn they are misleading,how can a falken cheapo tyre have better grip levels than these other quality tyres?

looked at most of the reviews,thikn they are misleading,how can a falken cheapo tyre have better grip levels than these other quality tyres?

oh i agree with you on that one, i have not tried F1's yet so i aint the best to comment, but i have gaz walkers 17's in my shed 'naked' and thats whats going on them,

i had hankook ventus sport on my last set and they gripped even in wet, they had a lot of work to cope with too as the previous owner decided to fit 19" 235 on the rears of TT and unless i really really booted it, the stuck to the road so i was pleasently impressed with them

oh i agree with you on that one, i have not tried F1's yet so i aint the best to comment, but i have gaz walkers 17's in my shed 'naked' and thats whats going on them,

i had hankook ventus sport on my last set and they gripped even in wet, they had a lot of work to cope with too as the previous owner decided to fit 19" 235 on the rears of TT and unless i really really booted it, the stuck to the road so i was pleasently impressed with them

235 on rears!

youre a brave man!

Im sure youll be impressed with the F1 s :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well so much for Johnsons, ordered on the 7th, gave it a week but apparently they had problems getting the Goodyears in so asked if they had any alternatives that I could get quicker for my MOT, they said they'd call me back....no word from them so I called them back the following day and the guy said he'd sent out Dunlops SP9000s (without even checking if that was ok with me!), I went along with it, they didn't turn up and now days later apparently they're lost in the post. I cancelled today and got a set fitted from Grays in Ealing for 470 all inc.