The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone Got A Pic....

SuperSupra

Looking for a Supra with a 'brushed aluminium' dash kit, anyone got one and got some pics of it? I'm thinking of doing it, as it's less permanent than spraying! My dash is starting to look a bit tatty so throwing some ideas around really! What are peoples opinions too, prefer the black, or brushed aluminium, or a colour?

Oh, and also, do you still need to remove the rubber coating stuff or is it just a case of sticking it straight on? Not 100% decided on this idea yet so some input would be great.

I've had mine sprayed Midnight Blue to match the exterior colour, personally i'd get it painted a nice deep black in your case dude :thumbs:

Hmmm, only thing is, as far as I know it's a lot easier (although more expensive) to get a dash kit. Also if I decide I don't like it in the future I can remove it without too much bother. Gotta decide whether to go with the black like you say or the brushed aluminium look.....

Hey Kopite thanks man, that 2nd one is a 'stick on' dash kit yeah? Looks really nice I reckon. Just need to do something about my tatty dash asap! Do you know the application process by any chance?

I think it is, PM Trev (Tbourner) and ask him, think he got one from Paul E at Miami GT. Trev did say in a thread that it doesnt look like metal but that it still looks good. I did order a CF dash kit but sold it again as i decided it didn't look right, got mine sprayed in the end. If you got it sprayed and wanted to change it you could always get a dash from a Supra that's being broken, or strip the paint etc. AFAIK you don't need to strip the rubbery stuff to fit the stick on kits, don't quote me on that though! :D

I got Envy to do mine because they were doing the engine bits, TRD spoiler etc at the same time so didn't cost much more to get the dash done. Plus it's pearlescent paint so didn't wanna attempt it myself because i wanted it to look right. You could strip the dash and post it to them and they can do it. You can remove the actual controls so you can still use the car, bit strange having controls everywhere though :D My window ones kept gettin stuck in the door :D

Hey cheers Nic, that does look nice. I've never really been a big fan of CF but that looks cool. Seems that we have the same Alpine unit too ;)

How much is that kit matey?

Supra Interior 2.JPG

Hey cheers Nic, that does look nice. I've never really been a big fan of CF but that looks cool. Seems that we have the same Alpine unit too ;)

How much is that kit matey?

It is not a kit, it is the actual panels that are printed, the pics don't really do the finish justice, looks stunning in real life and really brightens up the dash.

If you were to post me your panels, I could get them coated for you for £255 including return postage. Turn around time would be 3-4 weeks (1 week postage here, 1 week coating, 1 week return postage). Your car would still be drivable without the panels as long as all the electrics are plugged in.

It is not a kit, it is the actual panels that are printed, the pics don't really do the finish justice, looks stunning in real life and really brightens up the dash.

If you were to post me your panels, I could get them coated for you for £255 including return postage. Turn around time would be 3-4 weeks (1 week postage here, 1 week coating, 1 week return postage). Your car would still be drivable without the panels as long as all the electrics are plugged in.

Ooh crikey, think I'll stick with the dash kits for the reason of money. Don't doubt it's worth it mate, but was thinking of doing it inside of 3 figures ideally. It does look sweet though, even if the pic doesn't do it justice :ok: