The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strange happenings - HELP!

Rob Dublin

Glad I joined up last week... help needed please.

After a long 150 mile round trip yesterday, started up the Supe in the evening and immediately was greeted by a myriad of warning lights on the dash (oil, battery, cat and tail lights, but not ALL of them)

Didn't seem to run the same, but may have been slightly paranoid. Checked oil, was slightly low so topped up but light still on.

Left over night, same problem this morning. Started 1st time tho. Odd drive to work, radio flickered on and off, power steering was intermittently heavy and gear change on the auto-box was slow. 1/2 a mile from work the lights finally went out, but only because ALL the electrics seem to have went, even speedo & tacho.

Parked, turned off engine. Immediately tried to restart but starter motor didn't want to know.

Battery was fine up to y'day evening, hadn't left lights on (interior or exterior). Car is a 94 n/a auto. Any ideas? Alternator problem maybe?

:sos:

Right, just had a look. Car started up fine, but warning lights still on. No corrosion on the battery terminals nor on the grounding point. I've no tools with me, but might disconnect the battery tonight and see if that helps.

Anybody know why all the warning lights are coming on in the 1st place?

Didn't get a chance to check the codes, car died on me in traffic so had to get it towed. Put a battery booster on to start it, but meter read that it wasn't getting a charge, I presume that means the alternator is up the swany?

Expensive bit of kit? Hard to get at?