The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spraying my CF parts advice

supRo

What Spraying option for my CF bits?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What Spraying option for my CF bits?

• Leave the CF bits as they are
    • Spray the rear spoiler sides, mirror mounts and bonnet sides
    • Spray the rear spoiler sides only
    • Spray the bonnet sides only

Hi, I'm having my rear bumper re-sprayed and thought it may be an opportunity to get other bits done.

I have a full CF TRD replica rear spoiler that I got from Nic - Thinking of getting the side’s colour coded, leaving the center blade and the blade side covers in CF. I also want to colour code the mounts on the CF Ganador mirrors but leave the CF mirrors as they are. Lastly, I want to spray the sides of the bonnet as in this crappy Photoshop attempt?

Thoughts please.

This is my car at the moment:

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=1169

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=1167

Thanks,

Ro

DSC02650.JPG

Hi, I'm having my rear bumper re-sprayed and thought it may be an opportunity to get other bits done.

I have a full CF TRD replica rear spoiler that I got from Nic - Thinking of getting the side’s colour coded, leaving the center blade and the blade side covers in CF. I also want to colour code the mounts on the CF Ganador mirrors but leave the CF mirrors as they are. Lastly, I want to spray the sides of the bonnet as in this crappy Photoshop attempt?

Thoughts please.

This is my car at the moment:

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=1169

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=1167

Thanks,

Ro

off the subject,liking that modified stock front bumper.the lip looks great!:cool:

off the subject,liking that modified stock front bumper.the lip looks great!:cool:

Thats a C-West lip. I was going to mould it onto the stock bumper but decided against it because of humps - I've left the lip loose on purpose so it can take impacts!

Thats a C-West lip. I was going to mould it onto the stock bumper but decided against it because of humps - I've left the lip loose on purpose so it can take impacts!

I'd suggest option 2, tones the carbon fibre down to something more subtle.:)

...and just a thought, how about that Modelista front with the carbon centre span, just to continue that theme right to the front of the car, not that there's anything wrong with your C-West lip, thats cool too.

CF_Doluck.jpg

I'd suggest option 2, tones the carbon fibre down to something more subtle.:)

...and just a thought, how about that Modelista front with the carbon centre span, just to continue that theme right to the front of the car, not that there's anything wrong with your C-West lip, thats cool too.

Thanks Laz, I was actually thinking of something similar to that bumper, I was going to stick on some CF covering just for the center of the lip I have.

Cheers,

Ro

i will go for option 2 as well .

ps why i you having the rear bumper spayed ?

Hey Abs, I've had a bump! - Paint is fractured/scuffed on the corner and on the side where it meets the stock spats has become slightly dented (about matchbox size) - So the metal support behind it will need to be pulled out - if it can?

thanks

I sprayed my TRD sides - felt like a sin covering that lovely CF, but looks miles better. Seemed too 'stuck on' as full c/f.

Mind you, it'll make you different to Ed who has a very similar car now ;)

Thanks Pete, did you sand the edges on the spoiler sides or spray the sides without any sanding? Thanks.

Ro, i'd leave the bonnet and do the wing sides and maybe the mirror sides too. It'll look really good with the touch of carbon breaking up the back of the car and then the bonnet breaking up the front. I like the idea of doind something to the bottom of the lip/bumper too. I may have a play with photoshop later.