The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT Today

Markie

Went to have the MOT done today.

We used this garage for our other car and thought we had found a real tidy garage if you know what I mean.

Very nice and chatty, even had me doing the stuff in the car for him to check.

Tidy we thought, wont bother putting the CAT on as its a pain in the ass!

Anyways, to cut a long story short, the limit was 0.3 and the car did well I thought without a CAT and came in at 0.8 and he failed it saying that he could do nothing about it.

Goto put the damn CAT on now. I never had any luck with MOT testers being a bit forgiving towards me.

Ahh well, thats a job now for the week :(

Went to have the MOT done today.

We used this garage for our other car and thought we had found a real tidy garage if you know what I mean.

Very nice and chatty, even had me doing the stuff in the car for him to check.

Tidy we thought, wont bother putting the CAT on as its a pain in the ass!

Anyways, to cut a long story short, the limit was 0.3 and the car did well I thought without a CAT and came in at 0.8 and he failed it saying that he could do nothing about it.

Goto put the damn CAT on now. I never had any luck with MOT testers being a bit forgiving towards me.

Ahh well, thats a job now for the week :(

You can't expect them to pass you for emissions just cos there friendly, its breaking the law and 0.8 isnt even that near. Isn't it done on the computer now so they can't cheat it anyway?

You can't expect them to pass you for emissions just cos there friendly, its breaking the law and 0.8 isnt even that near. Isn't it done on the computer now so they can't cheat it anyway?

It's breaking the law too running without cats, but it seems that a couple of places have found.... a way round the new system now:D

The 0.8 is very damn close considering the car was running without a CAT in her at all.

If it was over 1.0 then I would agree, but being only .5 over its a very small margin. And this is only the CO emissions, not the HC's

Got my MOT tomorrow morning, no cats in at all, car is very loud too! Still, I went down and spoke to the owner of the garage yesterday morning and he says it will be fine ;) That's not to say it won't fail on something else, my fingers are crossed all will be good...

Speaking of exhausts.. Whats the best on the market these days?

I think mine is too loud, as I have the silencer in at the moment for MOT etc and I prefer the sound it makes. I have a Greddy TI system at the moment.

Is there a better one about for performance/sound/motorway driving?