The mkiv Supra Owners Club

5 speed Gearbox .....

Guest wackojacko

Guest wackojacko

Just done my first long run in my SZ, 200 mile round trip to Birmingham, sitting at a steady GPS 72-75 MPH, Managed this for £30 fuel or 36 litres.

Did a few high speed runs on this trip. Is it just me or is the 5 Speed box seriously under geared ? It seemed in 5th that the car was revving quite high.

100 come up at 5.5 k ish this seems a bit rubbish to me..... and does this mean that my car will only managed 120 ish before i hit the limiter :tongue:

Confused .............

Rob/

Guest wackojacko

Seriously, I did pull off the motorway to check !!!

Just can't believe that such a large engine in a sports car, revs to high in top gear !

Guest wackojacko

I must add that the speeds i'm quoting are GPS speeds, as i have a KPH speedo which is recon is out a little way.

Dunno just seems strange.

Guest wackojacko

The 225/50/16 were on the car when i got it last week, and there pretty much brand new. I was going to get new tyres for it, but i just can bear to do it when the tyres that are on there are fine (treadwise i mean)

Would going from a 225/50/16 to a 245/50/16 really make that much difference ? I'm understanding that the sidewall (the 50 bit) affects the hight.

Thanks for your help. Rob/