The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1st mod whats next?

theo sz 3.0

Guest Flat4_ire
get RLTC especialy if you're not used to rear wheel power

lads will you shut up with rltc! he doesnt need that crap on a 220bhp heavy monster! i wouldnt even put it on mine at the moment! u shudnt rely on this for handling, only for putting power down which in that case rltc wud be good on higher power supras, no need for it on an n/a unless you are a really nervous ass driver!

lads will you shut up with rltc! he doesnt need that crap on a 220bhp heavy monster! i wouldnt even put it on mine at the moment! u shudnt rely on this for handling, only for putting power down which in that case rltc wud be good on higher power supras, no need for it on an n/a unless you are a really nervous ass driver!

Its horrible when he's right ! ;)

Its horrible when he's right ! ;)

:yeahthat: :D

Seriously though, I get a bit confused when people start talking about UK brakes, and RLTC and all that kind of stuff. N/A's are quick cars but they're no TT's! F**k the brakes and handling etc, get something that'll improve the look of your car, and get that HKS induction kit binned (I'm on the lookout for a std one as my sig suggests!)

Bin the HKS filter and fit the stock airbox back on. The stock airbox will give you far better filtration and more power.

What brakes do you have fitted, the smaller 2pot/1pot or the larger 4pot/2pot ones? If you have the smaller ones then I would definitely recommend upgrading to the larger setup front and rear (more than 900 euros though)or alternatively, fit some fast road pads, braided brake lines and good quality brake fluid.

:yeahthat: :D

Seriously though, I get a bit confused when people start talking about UK brakes, and RLTC and all that kind of stuff. N/A's are quick cars but they're no TT's! F**k the brakes and handling etc, get something that'll improve the look of your car, and get that HKS induction kit binned (I'm on the lookout for a std one as my sig suggests!)

Completely disagree here, both the NA and TT are capable of fast road speeds. Just because a TT will get to those speeds a bit quicker, makes absolutely no difference when it is time to slow down, they both weigh virtually the same and both take a LOT of stopping from the same speeds.

Bigger brakes will make your car faster ;)

Completely disagree here, both the NA and TT are capable of fast road speeds. Just because a TT will get to those speeds a bit quicker, makes absolutely no difference when it is time to slow down, they both weigh virtually the same and both take a LOT of stopping from the same speeds.

Bigger brakes will make your car faster ;)

Yeah but I just think people foget sometimes that the J-spec brakes are actually really bloody good! I've tested them a fair few times when I've needed to and they sure haven't let me down, in all conditions. Not disputing the fact that the UK ones would be great to have, but for £1k+? Most people with N/A's don't have that kind of money, that's why we drive N/A's! ;)

Nic, don't suppose you can get hold of std airboxes can you? I'm having naff all luck trying to find one! :search:

Yes I can supply a brand new one, they not cheap though new at around £180 for everything (they'll be a lot more in the UK). Definitely would be money well spent though, think of it as a performance mod, afterall folks spend that amount on a crappy bit of foam/plastic and a metal pipe, in the name of performance ;)

Yes I can supply a brand new one, they not cheap though new at around £180 for everything (they'll be a lot more in the UK). Definitely would be money well spent though, think of it as a performance mod, afterall folks spend that amount on a crappy bit of foam/plastic and a metal pipe, in the name of performance ;)

Lol, fair point you make matey! Still, might keep trying for a second hand one, didn't realise they were so much new. Then I can sell my HKS to some unsuspecting Ebayer :D

Unless of course I come into some money, in which case you'll hear from me! :) Here's hoping.....

Yeah but I just think people foget sometimes that the J-spec brakes are actually really bloody good! I've tested them a fair few times when I've needed to and they sure haven't let me down, in all conditions. Not disputing the fact that the UK ones would be great to have, but for £1k+? Most people with N/A's don't have that kind of money, that's why we drive N/A's! ;)

£1k does seem a lot, but is actually very good value for money compared to aftermarket brakes.

A cheaper alternative would be to fit a good set of pads, fluid, braided brake lines and a brace for the brake master cylinder, as this will make a big difference to the stopping power of the smaller brakes.

£1k does seem a lot, but is actually very good value for money compared to aftermarket brakes.

A cheaper alternative would be to fit a good set of pads, fluid, braided brake lines and a brace for the brake master cylinder, as this will make a big difference to the stopping power of the smaller brakes.

Ah, the truth you do speak, that would be a cheaper alternative. This would be a good purchase methinks, and much easier on the wallet too. I'd still rather spend the little money I have right now on looks, or maximising performance. But hey, each to their own!

Ah, the truth you do speak, that would be a cheaper alternative. This would be a good purchase methinks, and much easier on the wallet too. I'd still rather spend the little money I have right now on looks, or maximising performance. But hey, each to their own!

Think of it as maximising performance, as strange as it sounds, a good brake setup will make the car quicker ;)