The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do I take my nose off?

Paul Booth

I moved my registration plate on day 2 from the leading edge to the bottom lip of the 'big hole' to improve aerodynamics but mainly to make it look nicer.

Of course, it's left 4 holes and a slight flattening of the leading edge beneath where the plate used to be.

A neighbour has something to do with a body-shop chain and I recently fixed his wife's PC (which he broke) and got him out of deep doo-doo. He's gonna sort it for me but I need to keep the impact to a minimum, hence I remove and refit; ergo my need to take it off.

How many bolts and where, please?

Paul,

On a side note you may be breaking the law by having it mounted so low - worth while checking this out if you are at all concerned by legality.

When I nearly bought an unregistered jap import from JIC we discussed the positioning of the number plate and I wanted it where you've put it. But Tim and Steve both said that they would have to check if it was legal first as they had a feeling it wasn't.

Regards

Alex H

Remove rubber infill at junction of bonnet. Be careful with the retainers at each end as they can tear the underneath of the rubber if you're not careful. This'll reveal plastic fixings, turn centres to remove.

Look into main centre hole, along the top are more fixings. Pull centres to remove. Remove headlamps, look to inside wing in headlamp cut-out area and you'll see 10mm hex head bolts to be removed. Remove front inner-wing liner to get at bumper corner nut each side. And in doing this you will automatically remove the 10mm hex-head studs connecting the inner liner to the bumper section. But there may be one or two extra ones underneath I haven't mentioned which should be easy to see.

Err, I think that's it.

Yours,

J