The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help - I'm in bits ! !

sarjo

Not sure if this should be in technical but when I think about it, what I'm trying to do shouldnt be that difficult.

Ok, here goes. Its taken me three, yes three evenings to remove my dash! I needed to get to the back of the after market stereo to check the wiring from the rear subs to the stereo.

At last I get the beggar out and hey presto - the bloomin thing no longer works!! Checked the in-line fuse at rear of stereo, checked all wiring from the back and all seems ok. Checked the fuses in the engine bay and all seemed ok, and checked the drivers footwell fuses but by this time it was going dark and even with a torch cant say 100% that I am certain all of those fuses were ok but I did check them.

Q1. Where should the stereo fuse be, so I can confirm thats ok?

Q2. Any other ideas what I might have done?

Getting a little annoyed now :(

Depends ..Did you have any power on when taking or putting it back together, That can pop em. Other things to look at maybe are: earths OK, Is the stereo loom soldered in or plugged in and do they have good conections. Have you tested with a meter to see if you have any power there ect ect .

Cheers - I'll have a look in daylight when I get home from work tomorrow. Cant see how just removing the stereo from the dash would pop the fuse though. Sensitive beggar!!

Its very easily done, beleive me!

From at least one of your oher posts its sounds like the wiring has been hacked around a fair bit. Try mapping out the entire system wiring before you go replacing components, speakers, amps, etc :innocent:

The Supra comes as standard with an amp wired under the passenger seat, this can cause a lot of confusion with the wiring as many people find the stock amp is still wired in. Are you sure the stock amp is fully removed and the system rewired?

The Supra comes as standard with an amp wired under the passenger seat, this can cause a lot of confusion with the wiring as many people find the stock amp is still wired in. Are you sure the stock amp is fully removed and the system rewired?

Optional bud, not standard.

Also 3 days to remove the dash!! OMG!! It gets easier with every time you do it, I can get it out, take the stereo out, do some wiring, replace stereo and the dash in around 25-30 minutes now.

You really need a multimeter to check power input to the stereo.

You should have two. One for the memory settings permanent live and another from ignition live. That's the one you'll need to check when the ignition is on.

Don't fall foul to the problem where the airbag light stays permanently on though - I *think* if you reconnect the top shroud with the warning lights before putting the ignition on you should be ok with this.