The mkiv Supra Owners Club

brakes-international.com

scotspower

Hi,

I need to replace all of the discs and pads on my 1993 N/A import.

Has anyone bought discs from these guy's there prices seem very reasonable but if there not up to much then I would rather stay clear and spend a little extra and go elswhere.

Car is never used for track day's so it will only ever be subject to road use.

http://www.brakes-international.com/

As said in previous posts about them I've used them for the MR2 and even went as far as signing them up as affiliates for IMOC because I was so impressed. Since then 100's of people have used them and I haven't heard of any issues.

But I haven't tried any of Supra bits.

Genuine Toyota discs are not that expensive and are very good value for money for what you get.

If you have the smaller brake set up on your NA, I'd recommend paying a bit more for a set of decent fast road pads, as these will help give your smaller brakes a bit more bite/stopping power. I have 2pot/1pot TRD fast road pads in stock if needed.

Personally, brakes are not an areas I would be fitting budget parts.

Mate I've got their discs on my car and like michael I find them fine. If you consider that gen toyota ones still warp easily on the front paying more for discs just because they are OEM badged doesn't make sense. If however he was asking about the cheaper upgrades say like black diamond ones I would say ask about as I know of at least one person that has had issues with them cracking. I will totally agree that porterfields and other upgrade pads like you reccomend are a good idea.