The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing front bumper.

CardiffSupra

take the headlights out, and peel back the wheel arch liners to get to the 4 bolts at the sides, be carefull removing those stupid plastic plug/screw things at the top and bottom on the main air dam, then jutst another 4 bolts underneath and should come off easy, 30 mins tops..! think there is a guide on here somewhere..!

Guest Garfy

Ok, I did this last weekend.

1) peel back the rubber seal that runs along the top of the bumper, where the bonnet shuts down onto it, in there you will find about five screws, remove them, this may not be as easy as it sounds because they are plastic and very easy to round off so be carefull.

2) remove both Headlights, there are (I think) 3 10mm nuts holding these on one next to before mentioned rubber seal and two on the wing side, tip you will find it easier to remove the drivers side headlight if you remove the front part of the airbox first.

3) Remove the lower front parts of the wheel arch cowlings, you may need to remove the under tray, mine wasn't there so I don't know

4) with these removed you will be able to get access to the 2 10mm nuts down each side of the bumper just below where the bumper meets the wing, remove them, and thats it.

Garfy.

Guest Garfy

Hmmm, mine didn't have them, I remember now I took them of to fit a grill some time ago, was going to put them back in, now where did I leave them????:D

Guest Garfy
Is it much and such the same tact if you have an active front spoiler? I hope i don't find masses of cables'n'stuff i have to tie out of way?

It should be the same, the active spoiler bolts to the chassis.