The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help please! What tyres do you have on stock 16" rears?

SteveR

I've been on the phone today to Ibrar of Pro-Alloys as I was hoping to get some new rear tyres this weekend. Unfortunately though it's proving tricky to find some and although Ibrar has made several phone calls to wholesellers today but they have basically all drawn blanks.

Please, please, please can you guys with the stock 245/50/16 rear tyres post up what make/model of tyres you have, and where you got them from so I have a fall-back plan if Ibrar can't source them for me?

Hopefully with something to go on Ibrar will be able to source me something, if not I don't know what to do! :search:

Ideally I'm after a good all-round tyre; dry/wet (and track to a degree) performance and durability are all important to me, but I'll consider anything at this stage! :rolleyes:

Many thanks,

Steve

The rears on stock 16's are 245x45

If Ibrar can't sort you out try this link

I sued to use the eagle f1's tyres for my 16's.

Hmm, that's odd - I have /50's on at the moment, and the speedo reads *spot on* (GPS checked). In addition to that Ibrar thought they were /45 initially, he later checked (somewhere) and said they were /50...

I'm confused!! :search:

Forgot to say - I have a few recommendations for tyres but at the moment I'm struggling to find ANY tyre (i.e. available to buy!) that will fit on the standard rims - please - if you have stock 16" alloys, let me know what tyres you have on the rears! TIA :)

Well i think i am wrong i got my info from mkiv.co.nz and it stated /45 profile.

But i just went out and checked the sticker on the edge of the drivers side and it states /50 profile. I Imagine the sticker is a factory fit so is probably right.

Having said that i always ran /45 profile tyres. :)

I would run the 45 they are more readily available.

Well i think i am wrong i got my info from mkiv.co.nz and it stated /45 profile.

But i just went out and checked the sticker on the edge of the drivers side and it states /50 profile. I Imagine the sticker is a factory fit so is probably right.

Having said that i always ran /45 profile tyres. :)

I would run the 45 they are more readily available.

Hmm.... thanks for checking colsoop. I'll call Ibrar again and see what he says. Thanks again :)

BTW - what tyres have you got??

No problem, i run the 17 " wheels now but when i had the 16 " wheels on the car i used goodyear eagle f1 tyres but i used the 45 profile. I still use them now :)

Ah gutted, we can't find F1s in either profile so I'm still at square 1. On another note I really wanted to try the Eagle F1s too :rolleyes:

I'll keep praying for some sort of solution to turn up asap! :)

Thanks again colsoop :)

Like Mark said I used to have 245/50/16 and I think that's what it says inside the door as the correct size too. But when I tried to replace them no one seemed to make that size. So I had to get 245/45/16 instead. You cant get eagle F1's in that size so I went for the Toyo Proxes T1R and I'm happy with them.