The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can of worms...

Gazboy

A friend of mine has quite a good computer program to theoretically judge a cars performance- he uses dyno plots, weights and various measurement, cd, frontal area, rolling resistance- if it can be measured, it is measured. He did a detailed mock up of a USA spec 6 speed, and for a bit of fun a rough version for my GZ, but with no idle to redline dyno plot it's not perfect (used peak power@ revs and peak torque @ revs from SRR)- this is a full bore acceleration I've added the UK6 speed from a Top Gear artical which was measured at Millbrook:

speed USA6 UK6 GZauto

0-60 5.36 5.85 5.62

0-70 7.34 7.75 7.01

0-80 8.82 9.31 8.61

0-90 11.31 11.52 11.16

0-100 13.41 13.70 13.62

0-120 20.09 20.42 19.84

0-140 29.22 29.61 31.48

Top Spd 167 155ltd 166

You can do in gear times, but due to mine having insufficent data it isn't of any real use, but the sim was pretty close to the Top Gear times.

Now, I have an idea- if we could have dyno plots for power and torque from the manual owners, we could set up a comparison between USA vs UK vs JDM's, and the bit I'm looking forward to is the comparison between stock vs BPU vs hybrids vs budget single vs big single vs big twins- including in gear times.

Thoughts?

This sim will measure what ever you want, I believe, and it was fairly close matching the simmed USA6 vs the real UK6. All that's needed is the dyno sheets (prefereably from the same shop & day), all bodywork and wheels are assumed as stock.